DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:02 AM
kyle's Avatar
kyle kyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 242
Default My PDP X7



From Behind the kit



In front of the kit

This my PDP X7, the pictures are a bit old, my current heads are EC2s over G Pluses with the snare having a Emperor X over Ambassador. I also have a dark crash which is not seen. I use a PDP Boon stand (don't know what kind) and a Pearl 900 Boon stand, my hi hat stand and snare stand are no names and I have a Pearl 902 double pedal.

Cymbals:
14" Groove Hats
14" AAX Dark Crash
20" Paiste Alpha Metal Ride
17" AAX China in Brilliant finish

Although my kit is a 7 piece the 8 inch tom is left out, (need new heads for it). I have a 8,10, 12, 14, and 16 tom with a 14 inch snare and the bass drum is a 22x18. This kit sounds pretty nice and I recently added a port hole to the resonant head.

Last edited by kyle; 02-18-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: God's Waiting Room
Posts: 15,381
Default Re: My PDP X7

Where are the photos????
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:25 AM
kyle's Avatar
kyle kyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 242
Default Re: My PDP X7

Ugh, uploaded using photobucket, hopefully you can see them now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-18-2011, 02:46 AM
Coldhardsteel's Avatar
Coldhardsteel Coldhardsteel is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland, United states of America
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: My PDP X7

When I asked you to make a thread and post photos, I was implying the most recent photos you could muster, dude.

Only jealous of the hats.
__________________
"At the end of the day you just draw pretty pictures on a field and play some rimp ska dimps."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Bo Eder's Avatar
Bo Eder Bo Eder is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11,251
Default Re: My PDP X7

Hey - there's two beaters on your bass drum pedal. What's that all about? ;)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-18-2011, 03:29 AM
kyle's Avatar
kyle kyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 242
Default Re: My PDP X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldhardsteel View Post
When I asked you to make a thread and post photos, I was implying the most recent photos you could muster, dude.

Only jealous of the hats.
Well my cell phone camera is a piece of crap and I can't take pictures with my cell phone at the moment because my cell phone happens to be in a Assistant Principal's office at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
wy yung wy yung is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,029
Default Re: My PDP X7

Nice looking kit. Enjoy. :)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2011, 07:10 PM
kyle's Avatar
kyle kyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 242
Default Re: My PDP X7







An update, I recently dug up my (Not figuratively, literally) B8 Thin Crash and put it on a stand, so I'm up to two crashes a ride and a china along with my hats. I also changed the heads on most of my drums to EC2s with a coated pinstripe on my bass drum.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Trommur's Avatar
Trommur Trommur is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Posts: 481
Default Re: My PDP X7

Nice looking kit there man. Like the finish :)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2013, 09:59 AM
kyle's Avatar
kyle kyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 242
Default Re: My PDP X7



Yet another update to my kit. I replaced my old snare with a 13" Gretsch Signature Mark Shulman. Also moved to a rack and leveled off my toms.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Dre25's Avatar
Dre25 Dre25 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,184
Default Re: My PDP X7

Now you need more stuff to justify the rack.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsTony? View Post
please do not take this advice for it is among the worst given
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Wopsey Wopsey is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 86
Default Re: My PDP X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre25 View Post
Now you need more stuff to justify the rack.
This.

Always wanted a rack but just can't justify the investment unless I had like 10+ cymbals and an 8+ piece drum kit lol.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM
XplosiveDrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My PDP X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre25 View Post
Now you need more stuff to justify the rack.
I'm sure you were just kiddin around with him but if not, that's not true. A rack saves floor space as well, especially if you have side extensions. Also with my all chrome PDP rack, it's really an eye catching addition and looks great when I have a one up / one or two down setup. I use a mini Gibraltar cymbal arm with my ride and put it on the front rack when I go to a one up config. I also used a pipe cutter and shortened the main poles that hold the cymbals by 3" and it looks much better. Can't do that with Pearl racks of any version unless you possibly use a hacksaw lol but still, a rack is very versatile and fun to work with. Just saying and I'm not looking to start a rack debate here as you also have a rack too I believe? So you know all to well. :)

As for your PDP's Kyle, clean those bad boys up man lol! Looks like you done did some drywall sanding or something and buried the kit in dust. :)

Seriously though nice set and good choice of brand and color. I have the white version. Maybe get some final setup pics as well when you get a chance.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:57 PM
kyle's Avatar
kyle kyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 242
Default Re: My PDP X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
I'm sure you were just kiddin around with him but if not, that's not true. A rack saves floor space as well, especially if you have side extensions. Also with my all chrome PDP rack, it's really an eye catching addition and looks great when I have a one up / one or two down setup. I use a mini Gibraltar cymbal arm with my ride and put it on the front rack when I go to a one up config. I also used a pipe cutter and shortened the main poles that hold the cymbals by 3" and it looks much better. Can't do that with Pearl racks of any version unless you possibly use a hacksaw lol but still, a rack is very versatile and fun to work with. Just saying and I'm not looking to start a rack debate here as you also have a rack too I believe? So you know all to well. :)

As for your PDP's Kyle, clean those bad boys up man lol! Looks like you done did some drywall sanding or something and buried the kit in dust. :)

Seriously though nice set and good choice of brand and color. I have the white version. Maybe get some final setup pics as well when you get a chance.
Yeah sanding drywall is exactly what happened in that room. Just never got around to wiping the dust off.

As for the rack its incredibly useful. For one during setup I don't need to worry about the legs of the stands and I don't need to worry about balancing heavy cymbals so that the stand doesn't fall over. Also makes it so I can set up my kit like that. For some reason I cannot find snare stands that go really low. Rack lets me put those toms near exactly where I want them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 PM
XplosiveDrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My PDP X7

Ha! Yeah I kind of figured, drywall dust is easy to spot for me. ;)

I hear ya though, just make sure to wipe it off dry first. I'd hate to see you wipe it down with a damp cloth or Windex and paper towel only to fill in possible scratches on the set and then end up with a bunch of white marks because of the drywall dust. Just a friendly tip is all. :)

Regarding the rack and stands. I've mentioned before and the more I look at setups like that the more I want to go grab up a few stands and have stands to use sometimes as well. I agree about the rack too but I just really like the look of stands and having the toms or one on there with a clamp and tom arm looks great. One thing you could do is just get a super heavy duty one for the ride and then two or three mid to light double braced stands for the crashes and effects like china cymbals. Cheaper and practical. Also I think I know what you mean about being stable. If I remember right, 10 years ago with my mid grade Pearl stands, I would have to face the legs of the stands a certain way to avoid tipping or movement. Although I probably had them set up in a way that made them unstable it wasn't too bad. I personally want to just get three Tama Road Pro booms and then a straight for the holy china when I get one. Just so damn expensive! Almost as much as the two piece PDP rack!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-24-2013, 09:32 PM
kyle's Avatar
kyle kyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 242
Default Re: My PDP X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
Ha! Yeah I kind of figured, drywall dust is easy to spot for me. ;)

I hear ya though, just make sure to wipe it off dry first. I'd hate to see you wipe it down with a damp cloth or Windex and paper towel only to fill in possible scratches on the set and then end up with a bunch of white marks because of the drywall dust. Just a friendly tip is all. :)

Regarding the rack and stands. I've mentioned before and the more I look at setups like that the more I want to go grab up a few stands and have stands to use sometimes as well. I agree about the rack too but I just really like the look of stands and having the toms or one on there with a clamp and tom arm looks great. One thing you could do is just get a super heavy duty one for the ride and then two or three mid to light double braced stands for the crashes and effects like china cymbals. Cheaper and practical. Also I think I know what you mean about being stable. If I remember right, 10 years ago with my mid grade Pearl stands, I would have to face the legs of the stands a certain way to avoid tipping or movement. Although I probably had them set up in a way that made them unstable it wasn't too bad. I personally want to just get three Tama Road Pro booms and then a straight for the holy china when I get one. Just so damn expensive! Almost as much as the two piece PDP rack!
That's a pearl icon rack actually. The third part I don't really need so it sits behind the kit in the closet. I'm probably going to get around to mounting my other cymbals this weekend. Just need to get felts, sleeves and a couple of stands.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com