DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:20 PM
nhzoso

Default It might get loud

If you have not seen this documetary I highly recommend that you do. Jimmy Page, Jack White, and Edge all get together and talk guitars, idols, beginnings and life in general. It's very captivating and just plain cool.

I have gained alot of respect for jack White (who still plays a silvertone guitar from K-mart) and is just oozes talent. Page goes back to the house they recorded zep 4 in and gives good detail on why and where Bonham got that deep booming sound from on Levee breaks. Some of the early U2 stuff was funny and Edge is a sound techno wiz. Towards the end all 3 are playing In my time of dying with Jimmy and it friggin rocks.

After watching this I have discovered Link Wray who Jimmy talks about(specifically the song Rumble) and after listening to a few songs on Youtube I have started searching for some CD's of his. Jack White also discussed a Blues Man named Son Johnson and his stuff was so heartfelt, sad,and real at the same time, been awhile since music has moved me like that. I could listen to that all day I am definetly getting some of his work too.

Music has really changed so much since these guys started out man what a great dvd. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

OH YEAH HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!
Old 01-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: It might get loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
If you have not seen this documetary I highly recommend that you do. Jimmy Page, Jack White, and Edge all get together and talk guitars, idols, beginnings and life in general. It's very captivating and just plain cool.

I have gained alot of respect for jack White (who still plays a silvertone guitar from K-mart) and is just oozes talent. Page goes back to the house they recorded zep 4 in and gives good detail on why and where Bonham got that deep booming sound from on Levee breaks. Some of the early U2 stuff was funny and Edge is a sound techno wiz. Towards the end all 3 are playing In my time of dying with Jimmy and it friggin rocks.

After watching this I have discovered Link Wray who Jimmy talks about(specifically the song Rumble) and after listening to a few songs on Youtube I have started searching for some CD's of his. Jack White also discussed a Blues Man named Son Johnson and his stuff was so heartfelt, sad,and real at the same time, been awhile since music has moved me like that. I could listen to that all day I am definetly getting some of his work too.

Music has really changed so much since these guys started out man what a great dvd. Do yourself a favor and watch it.

OH YEAH HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!
Thanks. I missed that at the special showings in certain movie houses back in September. Hopefully I can get it on pay per view.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:48 PM
nhzoso

Definetly check it out, it's actually been out awhile I guess the cover says 2008 on it. In the beginning Jack White builds a 1 string guitar with 2 pieces of wood, a string, nails and a coke bottle. It sounded pretty friggin good too.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Silver Member

what channel was it on.....? do you know if its on any online players.....?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:31 PM

I saw it yesterday as per this suggestion. I liked it a lot, and the music was cool, but I wish they got more out of Jimmy.

The passion these guys have for music was the best thing to see in the movie, I highly recommend it for musicians and music lovers
Old 01-03-2010, 03:27 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIMALBEATS View Post
what channel was it on.....? do you know if its on any online players.....?
??? Ummm I rented it from a video store (hollywood video). Online players I don't know about, I still prefer going out and getting mine.

I agree Ethan more Jimmy would have been great but that was not the intent. Maybe Jimmy will make a final documentary on all things Zeppelin and put an end to a lot of rumors. I am sure that would put atleast another $5 million in his bank account. I know I would buy it : )

here is a good clip from it, black tree TV is sort of a cool surprise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilEvbl3Vv0