DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-05-2009, 08:42 PM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

So, I got bored yesterday and decided to set up a photoshoot with my lady......

EDIT: Specs!

DRUMS:
Tama Rockstar DX
22x18 (Aquarian SK I Batter/Remo Ebony Pinstripe Reso w/ 5in. Porthole)
12x10 (Aquarian Studio X Batter/Stock Reso)
13x11 (Aquarian Studio X Batter/Stock Reso)
16x16 (Aquarian Studio X Batter/Stock Reso)

SNARES:
13x7 Pork Pie Pig Lite Amber Acrylic Snare with full tube lugs (Evans HD Genera Dry/ Hazy 300)

14x6 Tama Steel Snare (Evans Power Center Reverse Dot Batter/Evans Genera Reso) [not shown]

10x6 PDP 805 Black on black side snare (Stock/Stock) [not shown]


CYMBALS:

6 in. Stagg Black Metal Medium Bell
13 in. Sabian AA Fusion hats
14 in. Stagg DH China
16 in. Wuhan China (not shown. Cracked)
18 in. Zildjian ZHT China
18 in. Sabian AA Rock Crash
20 in. Sabian AA Medium-Thin Crash
20 in. Sabian AA Medium Ride

HARDWARE:
DW 7000 Double Pedal.
Tama & PDP cymbal stands
Gibraltar 9608 throne














My broken stick collection XD


Poor thing....




































Other cymbals:
16" Sabian AAXplosion


10" Cut down splash








Some inspiration ;P


__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Drumsword's Avatar
Drumsword Drumsword is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Nice!!!!

Setup looks nice and clean
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/peteholman1

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Deedee's Avatar
Deedee Deedee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 33
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

sexy kit dude. makes me drool a little
__________________
My Drum Shop
My Band
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:15 PM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deedee View Post
sexy kit dude. makes me drool a little
Haha! Thanks man. Hey, good luck on your business by the way!
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-06-2009, 12:31 AM
drumhead61's Avatar
drumhead61 drumhead61 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

yeah, Josh its looking good dude! I would have a hard time getting to sleep if my kit was that close to my bed!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-06-2009, 12:34 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Florida's West Coast
Posts: 15,579
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

I would be afraid of rolling over in the night and lopping off my arm on that china.
Some great photo angles there Josh.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-06-2009, 12:58 AM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Yeah dude, some of those photos were really artistic. I dig the kit!

What camera are you using? SLR?
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-06-2009, 01:25 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Nice kit. Funny it should be a rockstar DX kit because i did my core2 maths exam today which has a lot of differentiation in it.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2009, 01:33 AM
thomas77 thomas77 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 59
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Really comfortable looking set up, lots of room, very nice mate
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-06-2009, 02:03 AM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhead61 View Post
yeah, Josh its looking good dude! I would have a hard time getting to sleep if my kit was that close to my bed!
Yeah, right before bed I'm constantly perfecting everything on it :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I would be afraid of rolling over in the night and lopping off my arm on that china.
Some great photo angles there Josh.
I sleep on the left side of the bed and generally stay in that area while I sleep, but I'm always alert! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805Drummer View Post
Yeah dude, some of those photos were really artistic. I dig the kit!

What camera are you using? SLR?
Thank you :)
It's a Canon EOS Digital Rebel xs.





Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas77 View Post
Really comfortable looking set up, lots of room, very nice mate
I'm not sure about the "lots of room" part, but it's okay for now :]

Thanks man.
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-06-2009, 02:09 AM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Oh YEA!!

Stellar kit, Josh!


I'd love to have a go at that set.

Sweeeet...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-06-2009, 02:22 AM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Oh YEA!!

Stellar kit, Josh!


I'd love to have a go at that set.

Sweeeet...
Thanks! I appreciate it. I've devoted my life to upgrading my cymbals. Now it's time to upgrade the drums. I'm going to hopefully have a new kit by the end of the year.
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-06-2009, 02:30 AM
michael drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisaces View Post
Thanks! I appreciate it. I've devoted my life to upgrading my cymbals. Now it's time to upgrade the drums. I'm going to hopefully have a new kit by the end of the year.
If you're gonna update that kit...


more power to ya! ;-)


But, it seems to me that it's awesome the way it is. Though, of course, you know better than I.

Good Luck with everything!


:-)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-06-2009, 04:16 AM
ChrisCirino's Avatar
ChrisCirino ChrisCirino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kansas City. MO
Posts: 147
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

How can you hit that china? It's pretty high!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-06-2009, 07:15 AM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCirino View Post
How can you hit that china? It's pretty high!
I sure can ;] I know it looks pretty high but it works out for me.

I used to have all my cymbals really high and grew old of it, so lowered them. So yeah, the china was actually higher :P
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-06-2009, 07:38 AM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisaces View Post

Thank you :)
It's a Canon EOS Digital Rebel xs.
Woah, my dad just gave me his old Canon EOS Rebel XS--the film version. But it has a super nice telephoto lens, and I have a fisheye that fits it, so hopefully I can get some stunning photos of my kit too! Haha but you're lucky that it's digital...so much cheaper xD
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-06-2009, 07:42 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,266
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

A good drummer & a good photog!!! nice gear too btw..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-06-2009, 07:53 AM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805Drummer View Post
Woah, my dad just gave me his old Canon EOS Rebel XS--the film version. But it has a super nice telephoto lens, and I have a fisheye that fits it, so hopefully I can get some stunning photos of my kit too! Haha but you're lucky that it's digital...so much cheaper xD
I had to think about that for a while, wondering why it would be more expensive. I know now.... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
A good drummer & a good photog!!! nice gear too btw..
Thanks Aydee :D
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-06-2009, 11:31 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCirino View Post
How can you hit that china? It's pretty high!
Kettle, Pot, black! :p J/K
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Calummordue's Avatar
Calummordue Calummordue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 231
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Thats a Great set up u have there! i like the broken stick collection, i never brake sticks at the end like that, its always in the middle from too many rim shot!!
__________________
Highwood Custom Snare

Tama Superstar Hyperdrive
Sabian AAX/HHX
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-06-2009, 04:26 PM
ChrisCirino's Avatar
ChrisCirino ChrisCirino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kansas City. MO
Posts: 147
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

I was just kidding about the china. That's what you posted on my pics and thought it was funny that yours was in pretty much the same place.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-06-2009, 05:59 PM
zepplin92's Avatar
zepplin92 zepplin92 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 236
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

kit looks great man, real cool cymbal setup everything looks nice and comfortable to play, and i like the broken stick collection i just never have the heart to throw them out. Lastly how do you like the 20in ride and crash together thought about just never had the guts to try it, and how you liking the fusion hats
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-06-2009, 06:25 PM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calummordue View Post
Thats a Great set up u have there! i like the broken stick collection, i never brake sticks at the end like that, its always in the middle from too many rim shot!!
Yeah, that's why I posted it. It was the first time I broke a stick like that :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCirino View Post
I was just kidding about the china. That's what you posted on my pics and thought it was funny that yours was in pretty much the same place.
Oh I remember that! hahhaha funny ;D I wanted my right side crash lower, so I lowered my china with it.
It was just the camera angle that made it look really high. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepplin92 View Post
kit looks great man, real cool cymbal setup everything looks nice and comfortable to play, and i like the broken stick collection i just never have the heart to throw them out. Lastly how do you like the 20in ride and crash together thought about just never had the guts to try it, and how you liking the fusion hats
20" ride and 20" crash together? They play well together but could be better. I would have rather gotten a 22" Medium ride but I got a good deal on the 20". I love the 20" AA, 18" Rock is a little too high pitched for me, and might sell it soon. The fusion hats are OKAY. I mean, they're really clanky sometimes because the bottom hat is SO HEAVYYYYY!
hahaha overall, they're just alright.
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-06-2009, 07:31 PM
kevmac858's Avatar
kevmac858 kevmac858 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 142
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

good looking kit. like the pictures. i have the same camera. i also am trying out the fisheye that came with it. i think that a fisheye of a kit would look sweet
__________________
My PDP Kit
PDP/SABIAN/VIC FIRTH/REMO
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-06-2009, 07:32 PM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmac858 View Post
good looking kit. like the pictures. i have the same camera. i also am trying out the fisheye that came with it. i think that a fisheye of a kit would look sweet
Hm, I don't have the fisheye, but I want one. Mine came with a stock lense and a huge freaking foot long lense. :D
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 PM
blackbyrd blackbyrd is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MS
Posts: 75
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

very nice setup. Havent really played around with a four piece setup...been thinking bout it transforming mine but havent done it yet,

awesome cymbal setup and placement
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-06-2009, 11:12 PM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbyrd View Post
very nice setup. Havent really played around with a four piece setup...been thinking bout it transforming mine but havent done it yet,

awesome cymbal setup and placement
Thanks!

But This isn't a 4 piece setup. It's a four piece with another floor tom; 5 piece. 1 up 2 down, snare, bass. It's similar though. What do you have right now?
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-06-2009, 11:28 PM
thomas77 thomas77 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 59
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisaces View Post
Yeah, right before bed I'm constantly perfecting everything on it :]



I sleep on the left side of the bed and generally stay in that area while I sleep, but I'm always alert! :D



Thank you :)
It's a Canon EOS Digital Rebel xs.







I'm not sure about the "lots of room" part, but it's okay for now :]

Thanks man.
I was talking about the drum kit not your bedroom.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-06-2009, 11:37 PM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas77 View Post
I was talking about the drum kit not your bedroom.
Okay,thanks for clearing that up XD
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-07-2009, 12:00 AM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

My dad just got a Canon Rebel XI2. I am going to copy your thread.
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-07-2009, 12:41 AM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805Drummer View Post
My dad just got a Canon Rebel XI2. I am going to copy your thread.
Copy my thread!? NOOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)

Can't wait!
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:19 AM
kevmac858's Avatar
kevmac858 kevmac858 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 142
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisaces View Post
Hm, I don't have the fisheye, but I want one. Mine came with a stock lense and a huge freaking foot long lense. :D
ya mine came with those aswell but somehow a fisheye came. its pretty cool but i have yet to find the instruction manual, its compliated believe it or not
__________________
My PDP Kit
PDP/SABIAN/VIC FIRTH/REMO
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 AM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmac858 View Post
ya mine came with those aswell but somehow a fisheye came. its pretty cool but i have yet to find the instruction manual, its compliated believe it or not
Really? Mine came with a manual. It's a great affordable camera.
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:30 AM
kevmac858's Avatar
kevmac858 kevmac858 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 142
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

ya my mom got it for our family as like a pack and it was insane. some website that had the whole pack. like 2 batteries 3 lenses plus a fisheye and the memory and computer software for less than just the camera was at costco
__________________
My PDP Kit
PDP/SABIAN/VIC FIRTH/REMO
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:32 AM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmac858 View Post
ya my mom got it for our family as like a pack and it was insane. some website that had the whole pack. like 2 batteries 3 lenses plus a fisheye and the memory and computer software for less than just the camera was at costco
Sounds like it was either used, or fake.
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-07-2009, 06:17 AM
kevmac858's Avatar
kevmac858 kevmac858 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: san diego
Posts: 142
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

nope. definatly brand new. and real. it was almost like a ebay snag. but it was completely fine
__________________
My PDP Kit
PDP/SABIAN/VIC FIRTH/REMO
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-07-2009, 06:29 AM
DrewTheShoe's Avatar
DrewTheShoe DrewTheShoe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 309
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

How does that Pinstripe reso treat you? Seems to kill the tone a little...
__________________
Remo, Tama, Ludwig, and Zildjian?
Doesn't get much better than that...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-07-2009, 06:49 AM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewTheShoe View Post
How does that Pinstripe reso treat you? Seems to kill the tone a little...
I don't know any different, because that's the only bass reso I've ever had on my kit. It sounds fine, but I'm sure it could sound a lot better.

A reso is 50 bucks, so I think I'll just stick with what I have XD
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-07-2009, 06:57 AM
DrewTheShoe's Avatar
DrewTheShoe DrewTheShoe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 309
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshisaces View Post
I don't know any different, because that's the only bass reso I've ever had on my kit. It sounds fine, but I'm sure it could sound a lot better.

A reso is 50 bucks, so I think I'll just stick with what I have XD
Great point...
Just I truly think you should invest in a single ply, less muffled head EVENTUALLY.
You will be astounded as to what it can do you your kick...
__________________
Remo, Tama, Ludwig, and Zildjian?
Doesn't get much better than that...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-07-2009, 06:58 AM
joshisaces's Avatar
joshisaces joshisaces is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pensacola, Fl
Posts: 1,221
Default Re: My kit updated! Lots of HQ Pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewTheShoe View Post
Great point...
Just I truly think you should invest in a single ply, less muffled head EVENTUALLY.
You will be astounded as to what it can do you your kick...
I do plan on it in the future, but as of right now, I'm low on cash :/

hahah but after the summer is Christmas and my birthday, and that's where all my income comes in ;P
__________________
\m/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com