DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM

Default Anyone interested?

$375. I'll pay shippingThis is a hard to find snare drum. DW stopped production a couple years back when they ended the SX series. Price tag new was close to $500. It is a double bead , solid copper shell though I'm not sure of thickness. Probably 1 or 1.5mm is my guess. It's a 5"x14" drum with 10 lugs per side and refitted with DW Mag throw off and 3 position butt plate. The standard oval PDP lugs have been replaced with new PDP Concept dual turret lugs to "lower" the profile and allow the copper to show better. Both the batter and resonant heads are brand new. I've put new white nylon sleeved washers on all tension rods for better tuning. The hoops are triple flanged and I assume 1.6mm but they might be 2.3mm. The shell has 45 degree bearing edges in very good condition. The drum sounds great. The copper gives it a warmer tone than other metal drums, but is also louder with more pronounced attack than wooden drums. It can be played loud with Rock music and heard over the amps, yet is versatile enough for Jazz, Blues, even acoustic settings. Truly a shame DW discontinued it. I've had it a short while and only selling it so it will get played, not collected and placed on a shelf. I am waiting shipment on a new Ludwig Copper Phonic, so the PDP copper needs a new home.

###### SOLID COPPER !! NOT plated or lacquered ######
Attached Images