DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-12-2014, 06:41 PM
drummerboy559 drummerboy559 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Default My Drum Kit

Hello, I haven't been on this drum forum for too long and I want to share my drum kit with other drummers and get your guys' opinions and tips on it.

My kit is a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage.

Rack Tom – 12" x 10"
Batter – Remo White Suede Emperor
Resonant – Remo Clear Ambassador

Floor Tom – 13" x 11"
Batter – Remo White Suede Emperor
Resonant – Remo Clear Ambassador

Kick – 22" x 17"
Batter – Remo Coated Powerstroke 3
Resonant – Remo Ported Ebony Powerstroke 3
Remo White Falam Slam Pad
Evans EQ Pad
KickPort


Snare - 13"x7" Pork Pie Vented Little Squealer
Batter – Remo Coated Controlled Sound X
Resonant – Remo Snare Side Hazy Ambassador
Worldmax German steel snare wires
Canopus “Red Lock” Tuning Locks

Cymbals:
10” Zion FX Splash
14” Wuhan China
14” Zildjian A Custom Rezo Hi-Hats
21” Sabian AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride

The two crashes are Paiste which I don't really like and aren't mine. Looking forward to getting these replaced pretty soon.
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2014, 07:13 PM
TColumbia37's Avatar
TColumbia37 TColumbia37 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 902
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Nice looking kit. 13" is a bit odd for a floor tom, but Yamaha often does weird sizes like that

I have the same snare, but with the chrome hardware and metallic gray finish. What are those little red things on your lugs? Little locking nut type deals?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-2014, 07:24 PM
drummerboy559 drummerboy559 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
Nice looking kit. 13" is a bit odd for a floor tom, but Yamaha often does weird sizes like that

I have the same snare, but with the chrome hardware and metallic gray finish. What are those little red things on your lugs? Little locking nut type deals?
Yeah, it's actually a rack tom that I converted into a "floor tom."
They are great snares! Yes, the red things are Canopus “Red Lock” Tuning Locks. I had to install these because I noticed the tension rods became very loose due to my rim shots.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2014, 07:35 PM
TColumbia37's Avatar
TColumbia37 TColumbia37 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 902
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy559 View Post
Yeah, it's actually a rack tom that I converted into a "floor tom."
They are great snares! Yes, the red things are Canopus “Red Lock” Tuning Locks. I had to install these because I noticed the tension rods became very loose due to my rim shots.
I've done that with a rack tom in the past. It actually worked out quite well.

I have the same problem with my snare. I've been waiting to get a set of those new Pearl tension rods, but I might look into these in the meantime.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2014, 07:43 PM
drummerboy559 drummerboy559 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
I've done that with a rack tom in the past. It actually worked out quite well.

I have the same problem with my snare. I've been waiting to get a set of those new Pearl tension rods, but I might look into these in the meantime.
Yeah, it's working out well for me also.
They are superb. My tensions rods have not loosened up since these went on.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Pyromaniac777's Avatar
Pyromaniac777 Pyromaniac777 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Idaho
Posts: 160
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy559 View Post
Hello, I haven't been on this drum forum for too long and I want to share my drum kit with other drummers and get your guys' opinions and tips on it.

My kit is a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage.

Rack Tom – 12" x 10"
Batter – Remo White Suede Emperor
Resonant – Remo Clear Ambassador

Floor Tom – 13" x 11"
Batter – Remo White Suede Emperor
Resonant – Remo Clear Ambassador

Kick – 22" x 17"
Batter – Remo Coated Powerstroke 3
Resonant – Remo Ported Ebony Powerstroke 3
Remo White Falam Slam Pad
Evans EQ Pad
KickPort


Snare - 13"x7" Pork Pie Vented Little Squealer
Batter – Remo Coated Controlled Sound X
Resonant – Remo Snare Side Hazy Ambassador
Worldmax German steel snare wires
Canopus “Red Lock” Tuning Locks

Cymbals:
10” Zion FX Splash
14” Wuhan China
14” Zildjian A Custom Rezo Hi-Hats
21” Sabian AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride

The two crashes are Paiste which I don't really like and aren't mine. Looking forward to getting these replaced pretty soon.
I have always wanted the AAX Raw Bell dry ride, you're one lucky person!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:59 PM
drummerboy559 drummerboy559 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac777 View Post
I have always wanted the AAX Raw Bell dry ride, you're one lucky person!
It is a great ride! I tried it once at Guitar Center and that's all it took for me to buy it. Plus the low $150 price!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Tommy_D Tommy_D is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 312
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Whoa! Those floor tom legs look like they are 30" long. Are those stock, or did you buy extra long legs? My Gretsch Catalina Maple legs are very short and are fully maxed out right now. The floor tom still feels an inch or two too low. Longer legs would be nice.
__________________
Tommy_D's Gear
Tommy_D's Drumming
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Diet Kirk's Avatar
Diet Kirk Diet Kirk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 409
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
Whoa! Those floor tom legs look like they are 30" long. Are those stock, or did you buy extra long legs? My Gretsch Catalina Maple legs are very short and are fully maxed out right now. The floor tom still feels an inch or two too low. Longer legs would be nice.
Can you actually buy longer legs? oooh I'm going to investigate this, I have a second floor tom I've been wanting to use as a first rack tom for ages!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:44 PM
drummerboy559 drummerboy559 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
Whoa! Those floor tom legs look like they are 30" long. Are those stock, or did you buy extra long legs? My Gretsch Catalina Maple legs are very short and are fully maxed out right now. The floor tom still feels an inch or two too low. Longer legs would be nice.
I bought these legs after I converted the rack tom into a floor tom. The stock legs were too short, so I bought these longer 27" legs. They are perfect.

Last edited by drummerboy559; 03-10-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:58 PM
drummerboy559 drummerboy559 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diet Kirk View Post
Can you actually buy longer legs? oooh I'm going to investigate this, I have a second floor tom I've been wanting to use as a first rack tom for ages!
Yes, you can buy longer legs, as long as they fit into the floor tom brackets.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-10-2014, 05:31 PM
GetAgrippa GetAgrippa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 343
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Beautiful kit and I like the size choices. I bought a 14 in tom to add to my kit to try and I regret I didn't guy a 13 in. I'm surprised you didn't go with a smaller size kick though? That 13X7 is a great snare too-and it works great with brushes-it seems to amplify it. I know you enjoy playing it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 PM
drummerboy559 drummerboy559 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 9
Default Re: My Drum Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAgrippa View Post
Beautiful kit and I like the size choices. I bought a 14 in tom to add to my kit to try and I regret I didn't guy a 13 in. I'm surprised you didn't go with a smaller size kick though? That 13X7 is a great snare too-and it works great with brushes-it seems to amplify it. I know you enjoy playing it.
Thanks! I actually didn't choose any of these sizes. It was originally a 5 piece. I've had this kit for about 11 years now. I bought it brand new at a music store.

The snare is a beast, I love playing that snare!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com