new pics dw's, galaxy congas, djembe all the stuff.

MikeyOdrums

The congas are a quinto & a conga LP Giovanni Hildago series (galaxy) made from north American ash. THERE SWEET! . A cheapo Remo Djembe and a set of 13inch and 14inch Matador Timbales. And the Dws (check out me other thread)

Panorramic222.jpg

Persussion23.jpg

drumspercussion.jpg

Conga.jpg

I am not sure I can't think they are more than like 100-125 bucks ya know. I know Toca makes a real nice composite shell one that is really nice. I actually got that drum for free. My friend was using it as a coffee table so I demanded that he give it to me. He's a guitarist so I went to Salvation Army and payed 20 bucks for a coffee table. He took it!
mike

Cool way to integrate percussion with your drumset! If you moved the congas and djembe closer in, you could play them with one hand and the drumset with the other. There's no reason they have to be separated.

I have them set apart for one of my singers to sit in and play a little percussion with the band. Normally I would have them up real close.

Also though I want to have a separate multi percussion set up. I have a dw drum lift that I want to mount a djembe on I also have a bajata bracket as well with a cowbell. maybe another snare too. some cymbals. shakers & stuff. Make it a whole other set up.

mike

Nice set up...would be good to go the route you are talking of for the other set up...a whole section. Sweet!

I would love timbales but don't have the slightest clue how to play them in an interesting way. What sort of music does your band(s) play?

my band right now is a mixture of funk, soul hip hop. We recently wrote a tune with a litin feel to it. you can check us out at www.myspace.com/growri.

I play congas as well studied afro-cuban music with a good friend who got his masters from Boston Conservatory for conga. I also studied handrums with a guy in Providence RI @ Rhode Island College he was into frame drum, dumbeck, more middle eeastern techniques.

Back