rehearsal space solutions..

RobWheeler

do any of you drummers or people in bands out there rent somewhere long term for practice? like a garage or unit or something?

been thinking about this more recently as we're (my band) are going to need somewhere else to practice and we cant do it at anyones house. there are plenty of rehearsal rooms around to use but we want something more longterm/permanent we can make ours.

just wondering what the likelihood of actually being able to do something like this is? how hard was it for you to get your own rehearsal space if you have/had one?

if you don't have a house with a basement or a garage you can use without neighbors freaking out and refuse to pay hourly like me.....you pretty much have to

for 10 years the band I was in rented a rehearsal space......I miss having it every day

I would be there all hours of the night practicing .....we had couches a TV, even a loft bed for crashing if need be...full on recording gear and computer for demoing stuff out

24 hour lockout in a building full bands doing the same......nothing like it

I spent more time there than I did at home

if you can find somewhere and are able to afford it....you won't regret it

Last edited:
that sounds exactly what we are after! what was this place??

i'd so love to have somewhere i could play drums any hour of the day, for some reason i way prefer to practice in the evening, sometimes play my electric kit from like 11pm-3am! but much rather be playing and acoustic.

that sounds exactly what we are after! what was this place??

i'd so love to have somewhere i could play drums any hour of the day, for some reason i way prefer to practice in the evening, sometimes play my electric kit from like 11pm-3am! but much rather be playing and acoustic.

it was an old mill that this guy Tommy Doud turned into 10, 24 lockout rehearsal rooms

every room was full with a waiting list to back it up whenever a tenant left

I would get out from teaching at 9 and go there til 3 or 4 in the morning and not even realize I was there that long

after gigs we would all roll back to the space and just hang out and have beers until the sun came up

we even shot videos there

this video for the song "Funeral Pyre Eyes" was shot in our rehearsal space in front of a green screen then edited into the Earth Wind and Fire video later
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtFKzIttsU

oh and i will be moving into a house with a basement room (student house) but don't think it will be good enough for band practice, its half underground as its on a hill so will still be quite noisy

it was an old mill that this guy Tommy Doud turned into 10, 24 lockout rehearsal rooms

every room was full with a waiting list to back it up whenever a tenant left

I would get out from teaching at 9 and go there til 3 or 4 in the morning and not even realize I was there that long

after gigs we would all roll back to the space and just hang out and have beers until the sun came up

we even shot videos there

this video for the song "Funeral Pyre Eyes" was shot in our rehearsal space in front of a green screen then edited into the Earth Wind and Fire video later
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtFKzIttsU

Sick groove you're playing there.

Back