My Ludwigs

Hello everyone!

Just thought that I finally post my kit how it looks like since yesterday Bangkok time.

So, first a pic of how it started out from the package:

Specs: Accent CS Combo - LC1251
16x22" bass drum, 16x16" floor tom, 11x13" tom, 10x12" tom, 6.5x14" snare drum

I sold the cymbalsstand and the Basspedal, kept the Hihatstand. No cymbals included.

And now...:

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

New cymbals, new hardware, new heads, new setup and I'm happy :D

Any thoughts of what to add, readjust or just comments of what you think are appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hey Rapheal, ludwig make good drums. looks like a nice set up. What are those dream cymbals like ? I have heard good thigs about them.

Answer to both replies: dream cymbals are nice! If you can't afford high-end expensive cymbals but still want high-end sound for a cheaper price, dream cymbals are the way to go (sounds like I'm doing advertisement for them, ha ha). But they have a truly amazing sound, really like the bliss series. The ride is pretty washy, the crash very loud (perfect for a change), the hats are wonderful. Let's see, maybe I'll get a recording of them soon, maybe today.
And with the drumset: I've figured that a lot of sound you get from a drum, comes from the drumheads. So for me this meant: save on the drums, buy good drumheads. It worked, and I'm happy with it. the only thing bothering me is the wrap though. Maybe I'll refinish the set sometime (found a nice Sonor kit that has just recently been refinish in this forum). Let's see, maybe I'm going to do a recording of the whole kite, so you guys can listen to the tunes coming from my singing drums :)

Those cymbals sound great especially for the price. They really have a nice dark tone to them and the hats are nice and crisp. Nice playing on the drumset recording too, nice steady groove. The sound quality is nice, how did you record those clips?

Those cymbals sound great especially for the price. They really have a nice dark tone to them and the hats are nice and crisp. Nice playing on the drumset recording too, nice steady groove. The sound quality is nice, how did you record those clips?

Funny that you say the quality is nice stasz, hahaha! 'Cause it's pretty below basic. OK, so here is the gear I record with: a Samson CO1 studio condenser Mic, a Shure SM57. These Mics go into a Lexicon Lambda interface, each as a separate track in Cubase SX3. So the condenser Mic records everything (Snare, Toms, Cymbals) except for the bassdrum (with hole), which is recorded by the Shure SM57. I used AKG k55 Headphones for the monitoring. These two recordings were not mixed. The basic setup that would give you a decent recording would be with 4 mics: two overheads, one for the snare, one for the bassdrum. (My interface is too small, but I'm hoping to get a new one someday)
Thanks for the nice comments on my playing. I realised I did a few mistakes though and was off beat with the Metronome. Still I'm very pleased about what you said, even more 'cause I'm actually a guitarplayer :) Let's see, if I fancy another recordingsession, maybe I'll post it and you can listen to some other styles I play.

cheers!

nice kit, like the wrap and the tom mount! that's actually the only thing I kinda had problems with from my kit. how does yours sound? any recordings?

Raphael, thanks man, the reason I went with the kit I chose was due to the mounts...I just did not like the ones on the combo so I paid a little more for the custom accent. I too loved the color had to wait an extra month for Ludwig to send it though and being my first kit that made me IMPATIENT!!! No recordings, I do not have the gear for that yet...maybe in the future, but I am concentrating on learning.

I got Paiste 101 with my kit and was not impressed at all so I got the bliss hats and will get another soon.

Take care,
JIM

What kind of Dreams will you be getting? Personally, I think the bliss are very versatile, but then again I don't know what kind of music you play, but it should work for any style. That's what I figured at least.

On the part where you said it was your first kit: so you just started drumming ha? drumming is something fun, isn't it? :) I been playing for just 2 years aswell, so I still got a lot of time to develop skill since I'm "only" 18.

Back