Drum Practice Studio Almost Complete

wloeb

After four months of construction, my drum practice studio is almost done. I'm waiting on the bass traps and acoustic treatment.
The sound-proofing is pretty good. Double stud walls with 5/8" drywall/greenglue/5/8" on the walls and three layers on the ceiling. I'll post more details later.

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

IMG_2616.JPG

IMG_2617.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

Last edited:
that looks beautiful! i bet it will sound amazing once you've treated it! how much did it cost you for the materials?

Nice room and very nice drums ! I think i have that same rug, did you get it at target ?

that looks beautiful! i bet it will sound amazing once you've treated it! how much did it cost you for the materials?
Thanks for the comments. The soundproofing material, (greenglue, Auralex U-boat footers, Mass Loaded vinyl, door seals, doors, windows) was about $3,000.
The Acoustic treatment that is not yet in the room will probably end up around $1,000.
I ordered some GIK Bass traps and acoustical panels and I'll probably order some more.
The rest of the material was included in a larger project as I added a few rooms. This drum room is part of an addition to my house.

Wayne

Nice room and very nice drums ! I think i have that same rug, did you get it at target ?
Thanks, Yup it's a target rug.

Wayne

Wow. That is so nice and professional. Did you decouple the wall / ceiling framing? Just curious. Love the window trim.

ohh looks real nice!

Thanks!

What are those bass traps made of? What's in them? I'm almost finished my drum studio as well.

The Bass Traps are from GIK acoustics. They are filled with rockwool and have a cavity in the back that separates them from the wall. They are great and make a huge difference.
http://www.gikacoustics.com/

Wow. That is so nice and professional. Did you decouple the wall / ceiling framing? Just curious. Love the window trim.
Well, the room was build by a proffesional contractor. The walls are double stud with so it's constuction is a room within a room. There are 2 layers of 5/8" sheetrock with greenglue on all of the walls. The ceiling has 3 layers of sheetrock 2 5/8 and one 1/2" all with greenglue. The ceiling is suspended from by the walls and does not contact the floor joists above. The ceiling also is hund of of resilient channel and there is a layer of Mass loaded Vinyl attached to the floor joists above. For the floor, the floor joists are separated from the outside rooms and are sitting on auralex u-boat footers. I used Double solid doors with an airgap. The window is 1 layer of 1/4" laminated glass and 1 layer of 9/16" laminated glass separated by a 6" airgap.

I'll try to post more pictures layer.

Wayne

Thanks for that. I'd be interested to see how those U-boats were used. Again, very nice job. Looks inspiring in there.

Back