Mapex @ NAMM 2014

Kevin@Mapex

Hi folks, Kevin from Mapex here. I thought I would share a little info on what's coming up for NAMM 2014 on January 23rd. Now, you may have seen this ad in the newest Modern Drummer or Drum! magazine or the Mapex USA facebook page. Our Facebook fans and twitter followers are having fun trying to predict what this is all about.

1560544_10152423813981729_1563790705_n.png

BTW: Who's going to the NAMM show?

Welcome Kevin!

I'll be at NAMM, I always stop by and say hi to Joe Hibbs. Will look for you and introduce myself!

Bermuda

They just released the SONIClear mounts last year as part of the Black Widow and Saturn IV kits. If it is a new mount, I hope it is able to be installed on a Velvetone kit

Even though a few of you have posted they have already released Sonic Clear mounts to me it sounds like a drum head. I would like to see more companies make some quality heads. Even though that is probably not what Mapex is doing.

I'll just say welcome to the forum,and I think it's a winner,winner,chicken dinner,to have actual company reps.,on a drummer forum.First hand knowledge ,to me is a whole lot better than rumor and inuendo,as long as this new member is treated with respect,and not some punching bag,because someone's new snare drum,arrived with a slightly bent tension rod.

Steve B

I will be there.

I always stop by Mapex to talk with Steve Jacobs. Although I need to speak the sales rep for international sales, who's names escapes me at the moment.

I too extend a warm welcome to a new addition to DW, it is a good thing that manufacturers want to be part of this forum and appreciated.

(Forgive my 'thinly veiled' ramblings, an old joke past it's sell by date.)

Maybe Mapex is moving from Remo to Evans heads and are using a Level 360 head developed specifically for them. Mapex might be calling them "Mapex Soniclear Heads" by Evans.

I can't see how a drum mount would make tuning any easier.

I'll just say welcome to the forum,and I think it's a winner,winner,chicken dinner,to have actual company reps.,on a drummer forum.First hand knowledge ,to me is a whole lot better than rumor and inuendo, as long as this new member is treated with respect,and not some punching bag,because someone's new snare drum,arrived with a slightly bent tension rod.

Steve B

True, but if reps are going to come here and play (guessing) games, I say punch away.

Interesting. There's an advert on the back of the new Rhythm Magazine (that conveniently dropped onto my doormat today) which is a bigger version of the one in the original post. The majority of the picture is of a Remo clear Ambo head on a drum, which suggests to me it's more to do with either the heads or the rims, rather than the mounts.

It appears soniclear,are Mapex's new suspension mounting system,low contact bass drum clawa,and spurs..Nothing to guess about now.

Steve B

It appears soniclear,are Mapex's new suspension mounting system,low contact bass drum clawa,and spurs..Nothing to guess about now.

Steve B

Wow - you got all that from the picture in the first post?

You must be psychic or something.

LOL

Back