Mapex Meridian Maple vs. Tama Starclassic Performer vs. Pdp X7

newdrummerjk

Hey drummerforumers, just looking to buy a good quality kit and narrowed it down to those three. Which do ya'll think is the best? I play contemperary, and a little rock.

To stay in the same price range as the others, you'd have to be looking at the Tama Silverstar kits, not the Starclassics.

Well, the tama starclassic is in my price range. It's at the local guitar center for 850

Get them, they are the best out of the 3 and most professional. If I could get Starclassics for that price I'd do it without hesitation.

I think you need to play them and then decide. I own a 100% birch Starclassic and Mapex Meridian Maple. At my church we have the PDP. I personally like the Meridians the best and the finish and quality is in par with the Starclassic. You may think otherwise but that is why playing them is SO IMPORTANT! Good luck.

Tama Starclassic ALL DAY! Those other kits are great as well, especially the X7 but the Tama is definitely a better kit!

For me this is easy, Tama SCP's. They're in a different league IMO. Everyone's taste is different though.

The Performer is definitely in a different league to the other two, but I have yet to hear a single complaint about the Mapex, they are the best kit in the price range at new IMO. But it really depends on what sounds you are after and whether the kit can give you them

Back