What drummers have marched?

I marched drum corps for six years! Destroyed my body but I sure learned a lot haha and I also made some unforgettable memories

I believe Chad Sexton marched too

I believe 311's Chad Sexton marched.

I also marched through about age 16.

And, I marched again recently for the Sports Song video - premiered this morning at www.weirdal.com

Bermuda
Chad Sexton was in the Railman and Sky Ryders.

I don't believe he did drum corps but I believe Jason Sutter was a member of the University of North Texas drum line.

Tommy Igoe was in the Bridgemen.

One of my professors in college marched in the '82 Bridgemen tenor line with Tommy. I think its cool he still uses the Bridgemen snare line thumb fulcrum trick on his drum solos. I caught him doing it when I saw his band in San Francisco last month.

Yeah Jason Sutter was busy playing bar gigs as a kid. No drum corps in Northern NY state. I knew him when he was a kid. My bubby and I bought a bunch of stuff from him before he shipped all his stuff to Texas for his freshman year. My son's old teacher who is a professor of percussion at a local college knew Jason from North Texas. He was a really good kid. Cool to see a small town kid make a living in the rock and roll world.

Did Neil Peart ever March? How about...

Mitch Mitchell
JoJo Mayer
Steve Gadd
Terry Bozzio
Mike Portnoy
Johnny Rabb
Buddy Rich
Hal Blaine

If there are any others, just post

Kendrick Scott. (Great jazz drummer).

Drum corps is basically a North American phenomenon.

It doesn't exist at all in Europe, except for a small number of bands in Switzerland (Top Secret being the best known) and Germany and one or two others in the UK and elsewhere.

I can't think of a single top UK drummer who's been in anything like this. Craig Blundell was in the Royal Marines band, Pick Withers played in the Boys Brigade (neither of which are drum corps as recognisable in the US) and quite a few have come through the schools music system in the UK.

That's funny, everyone else in the picture is out of step! :)

Major Burn Bermuda! Gosh, I hope I was in the lead! But wait, since I was playing the bass drum everyone should have been following my beat.

Last edited:
Back