My drums! Yamaha Rock Tour and a little about me

YAMAHAdrummer2012

296336_2448370386679_778278363_n.jpg

So here is my Yamaha Rock Tour 4pce drum set! I got these for Christmas and I am very happy to be playing these drums!

The specs are:

14x6.5" snare
12x8" tom
16x16" floor tom
22x18" bass drum
14x5" Pacific snare drum

The cymbals I use (from left to right):
10" Sabian AAX splash
14" Sabian B8 hi hats
18" Sabian AA thin crash (my favourite crash!)
20" Paiste 302 ride
16" Sabian AAX stage crash
16" UFIP supernova crash stacked on top of a badly broken 14" Paiste 302 hat

The skins I use:
Evans Control Dot Snare (x2)
Evans G2 on toms
Evans EMAD2 on bass drum

The hardware I use:
Gibraltar lightweight boom stand (x3)
Gibraltar hi-hat stand
Yamaha boom stand (x2)
Yamaha hi-hat stand
Yamaha snare stand (x2)
Sonor 400 double bass pedals

The sticks I use:
Silverfox either 5A or 5B for hard hitting

Thanks for checking out my kit! Post your kit below if you'd like, thanks! :D

So to conclude, I am a drummer for 4-years and I am generally and rock/metal drummer but I drum along to many genres. My main influences are Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Lars Ulrich as early influences, Thomas Lang, Stef Broks, Buddy Rich, Mike Johnston, Virgil Donati, Jay Postones, Matt Halpern, Navene Koperweis, Josh Freese, Chris Pennie, Dave Abbruzzese and a lot more!

www.youtube.com/yamahadrummer2012

Nice comfortable looking setup. Mismatched sizes on the one hi hat, how is that working out for you? Were you bad and had to play in the corner? Lol JK. I hate setting up facing a wall. But it's a nice wall anyway lol.

Nice comfortable looking setup. Mismatched sizes on the one hi hat, how is that working out for you? Were you bad and had to play in the corner? Lol JK. I hate setting up facing a wall. But it's a nice wall anyway lol.

The mismatched hi hat isn't the greatest sound in the world, but I am trying to get a nice trashy sound out of them and I think it works just as well.

My drums are set up in a garage and there isn't enough space to put it anywhere else so I have to deal with it in the meantime. :p

Looks like a comfortable kit. And I'll bet it sounds good too.

I've played around with mis-matched hat sizes and found a few combinations that sound good and are fun to play too. Get the right sounding, larger bottom cymbal that's easy to hit by itself when the hats are open, and it opens up a new way of playing.

Back