Weird Al Show

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Tomorrow I will be sitting pretty in the third row of Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater Florida watching Bermuda and his lead singer perform for my listening enjoyment. I will also be going back stage post show to meet these two famous, infamous performers.
I will give a full report on Sunday morning.

Re: Wierd Al Show

Enjoy!! They put on a fantastic show with superb sound.

I'm envious - when I saw them out here it was at a fairground and I wasn't able to visit backstage. Say hi to Bermuda!

Tomorrow I will be sitting pretty in the third row of Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater Florida watching Bermuda and his lead singer perform for my listening enjoyment. I will also be going back stage post show to meet these two famous, infamous performers.
I will give a full report on Sunday morning.

please tell Al that i think that "You're Pitiful" is his masterpiece. a diatribe sung with so much love that it feels like it's coming from a sibling or best friend.

he sings the heck out it.

yall have fun.

A friend of mine just went to the show the other night and said how good it was. Enjoy! And we want backstage pics....at least the ones you can show us :)

Excellent. Big time fun GDad.

I went to a Weirld Al concert almost 15 years ago, long before I truly had my drumming brain firing on all cylinders. Next time they're in Atlanta, I am going to be there.

All the best to Bermuda.

Thanks in advance for Sunday pic posting.

Atlanta - July 28!

GDad, see you tonight!

Bermuda

I saw them in 2007 in Houston, and it was the most entertaining concert I have ever seen, out of about 90. Peace and goodwill.

First let me say what a pleasure it was to meet both Mr. Weird, and Bermuda. had a good chat with Bermuda after the show and Al was very hospitable. The show was fantastic with plenty to be liked, music, theatrics, videos during costume changes, lighting, the works. I was in the third row, but the rows wrap around on the ends so i was an arms length from the stage on the stage right side. At one point I was fooling with my cell phone camera settings and looked up and Al was leaning off of the stage with his face about a foot from mine. Really hilarious. Pictures arent the best as they don't allow flash, and my friend had a shaky hand on my camera with the photos of Jon and Al. But a night to remember. My friend has been a Weird Al fan since 1984 and was wetting his pants getting to meet the band. On with the show.

Attachments

• IMG_3405.JPG
    IMG_3405.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_3461.JPG
    IMG_3461.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_3454.JPG
    IMG_3454.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_3443.JPG
    IMG_3443.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 693
  • IMG_3440.JPG
    IMG_3440.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 688
  • IMG_3421.JPG
    IMG_3421.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_3451.JPG
    IMG_3451.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 708
I love this forum. The world is so much smaller. Looks like you had a grade-A blast, Dad.

I had a ball. The thing just moves along and the almost 2 hours fly by.

Wow, they did a live performance of the latest Drummerworld movie "The Cartoon Wars", impressive :)

Glad you enjoyed the show Grunt, yes, you must had a ball, I love Weird Al's take on other artists music, I wish I was there...

They say that the drumming community is like a brotherhood, I believe that...

....Jon and John really look like they could be brothers, there's an air of ressemblance between you two, lol.

Attachments

• Jon & John.JPG
    Jon & John.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 686
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Looks like I might have to try for a Weird Al concert in my future.

It was a pleasure to meet you, and glad you caught a seamless show. Typically it takes more than a few shows at the start of a tour to get up to speed (especially with a few new key crew members as we have now,) but I think we're dialed in already.

Thanks again for sharing your Saturday night with me!

Bermuda

Back