Travis Barker

Hi, can somebody tell which drumheads does travis use on his snare and how does he tune them, i just bought the emperor x and the hazy ambassador and i just dont get the sound travis has on his snare......

you are really not going to get the sound like his snare unless you have a snare like his... which is at least $1500-2000

DWDrummer said:
you are really not going to get the sound like his snare unless you have a snare like his... which is at least $1500-2000
1500$-2000$? where did you get numbers like that? ive seen plenty of signature snares and they go for like 300 or 400.

DWDrummer said:

I hope that estimate is an exageration.

I take it you've never seen the prices on OCDP stuff? 1500-2000 sounds a lot closer than 3-400.

Chip said:
I take it you've never seen the prices on OCDP stuff? 1500-2000 sounds a lot closer than 3-400.

Hes right, if you go look at orange county percussion drums on thier website they have some of the prices for thier snares, and they are around $1500-$2000

You dont need an OCDP snare drum to get his sound, you just have to know how to tune your snare.

the whole price thing is bull. pretty much all you are paying for is the badge on it with the orange county logo. they are keller shells. if you want travis' stuff at a rad price go to www.conawaydrums.com dave can do it. and extremly affordable prices. i had him price a replica of travis barkers amber achrylic set and it was a little over 2000 snare included. i wouldnt ever pay even that much for drums. just cause you can get the sound you here you favorite player play on any kit with the right heads and the right tuning.

pdp 9091 said:
I hope that estimate is an exageration.

exageration of what? I guess you don't know about OCDP...the main reason they're so expensive is because of the large hoels /"vents"they have in their snares, to produce more sound

If you want to get "his" sound.... what do you mean?

depends on what kind of wood the snare is made out of ,etc

of course you don't need an OCDP snare to sound like "his" sound

of course tuning and micing drums will change sound

the main reason they're so expensive is because of the large hoels /"vents"they have in their snares
Sorry, but I can't see an extra $1000-$1500 in vents. A drill press and a large enough cutting bit... It would be very similar to actually drilling the shell for the lugs/various visual crap they put on their drums to appeal to rich people that don't care for sound/sonic appeal.

OCDP's price boils down to borderline extortion and greed. They most likely make their sales from Travis Barker fans. One 'swiss-cheeserized' snare peppered with ridiculous decorations would probably pay for 2 whole Keller shell packs with hardware, which in turn would probably pay for about 5 more kits. They have a HUGE budget/profit margin.

I could never, nor think of any intelligent (about drums) person that would pay such money for a snare that looks like it has barely survived a bout with a small cannon.

Then again, I'm also told that the ZXT titaniums sound 'really good, really high quality' and 'they were the best at the shop'. If somebody chooses those tinny-sounding cymbals, coated with silver that makes them sound more tinny, for the price that one could've got professional cymbals... I think they deserved to get ripped off.

^I sound grumpy, don't I?

i love acrylic drums so much! i want to scale dow to a 4 piece kit, cause i never use the 3rd tom. travis's kit is similar to the sizes i want...

whats the benifit of a 24" deep kick

I'm not totally sure about Travis' sound but cutting more and bigger holes in a drum will just make it less sensitive, i.e. you would have to hit harder to get the same sound from a less drilled shell. Maybe he likes that, I don't know

Thats the way I understand it at least

I was just wondering, does travis use a double bass pedal? sorry if its a stupid question.

I don't think Barker will be a legend. As thoroughly mainstream as he is, he wouldn't do anything that will be innovative. Still, I couldn't say he was a bad drummer for a few reasons: 1) He does seem to play well in his area of music. 2) He's a much better drummer than I am, so my judgement might not be the one you want to hear.

Travis Barker is good

All you people just dont get it. Travis has the feel, he has the skills, he's been playing drums from the age of 4!!! If you ask why travis is not like other drummers it is just because he is known for playing in bands.. and all you see of him doing is playing punk.. although you have to admit his ideas for every song he plays are brilliant! I've seen travis' solo (as in the not punk one).. he's pretty good i tell ya... not the kind of thing u'd expect seeing someone in a punk band playing...

i've been playing drums since i was four... i oughtta know.. im fifteen now.. im going to perform on TV later on the 13th of october 2006... n my lifetime goal is to get my name on any of these drum websites.

I've been to the (+44) Concert in Cologne yesterday. I just have to say it's fu***** awesome to see him (Travis) drumming. I was in first row, just 4 meters away from him. This guy is incredible!!! I think there's no better Punkrock Drummer on this world!!! By the way...the whole band was great.
I talked to some other guys who had a bad opinion of Travis and they said that this show totally changed their opinion!

Last edited:
Back