Limited Edition Mapex Saturn, Sienna Fade, Maple Burl/Birch/Walnut kit!

There is an exterior ply of Maple Burl. Then 4.8 mm of birch(three ply's I think). Then 1.7mm of Walnut(Two ply's). The bass drum has 2.4 of Walnut interior.

Ah, Greenbrier. I made a bid on a kit from there a couple of months ago but I lost the bid. It was indeed a Gretsch.
Buddy. Next time just call and ask for Brad if you see something for sale. He will take care of you. :) They might have 10 more in the warehouse anyways. They have a ton of stock on hand. I will be featured in one of there upcoming ebay videos about a Ludwig kit that they had setup for video tapping while I was there. It just had to be a Ludwig. :)

The kit did not come with any 8" toms. I was very lucky to have a store hunt down two for me. The 8 x 7 that was an option for that special edition kit, and then they just happened to have a couple of 8 x 8 one's in the Mapex warehouse that they made for some artists to try. I ended up with one. :)

Did you buy them from Greenbrier Music?

Dennis
Yes I did. I spent the whole day with the guys at the warehouse and we had a blast. One of the guys asked me If I would get a job there.

Yes I did. I spent the whole day with the guys at the warehouse and we had a blast. One of the guys asked me If I would get a job there.

They're good people. I bought several things from Stephen W. They have a very good inventory and some of the best prices in my journeys. Enjoy your new drums.

Dennis

They're good people. I bought several things from Stephen W. They have a very good inventory and some of the best prices in my journeys. Enjoy your new drums.

Dennis
Thanks man. They seem like a good group of young guys.

One of the guys asked me If I would get a job there.

Haha, I'd die to see you as a drum salesman. :D

- Hi, good morning, I'm Styx, how can I help you?
- Hi, I came to buy a Craviotto kit.
- What? You sure? Why not get a Saturn? They're the best in the world you know. And much cheaper.
- Yeah, Saturns are nice, but I want a Craviotto.
- Ok, but.. I don't understand.. why would you want a Craviotto if Saturns are the best drums in the world?
- Uhm.. ok, could you show me the Craviotto's?
- Did you know that Saturns are maple/walnut shells? Walnut is really nice you know.
- Uhm... Ok... Can I talk to another salesman?
- Sorry. Can't do that. So, which Saturns are you taking? Arctic White? They're really nice you know...
- :l

Hahaha.

Congrats on the new drums.

Cheers.

That's a great finish Congratulations!!!! Now can make a Drum tour like you did on the 14 Piece kit? ^_^

Haha, I'd die to see you as a drum salesman. :D

- Hi, good morning, I'm Styx, how can I help you?
- Hi, I came to buy a Craviotto kit.
- What? You sure? Why not get a Saturn? They're the best in the world you know. And much cheaper.
- Yeah, Saturns are nice, but I want a Craviotto.
- Ok, but.. I don't understand.. why would you want a Craviotto if Saturns are the best drums in the world?
- Uhm.. ok, could you show me the Craviotto's?
- Did you know that Saturns are maple/walnut shells? Walnut is really nice you know.
- Uhm... Ok... Can I talk to another salesman?
- Sorry. Can't do that. So, which Saturns are you taking? Arctic White? They're really nice you know...
- :l

Hahaha.

Congrats on the new drums.

Cheers.
OH come on. I am getting better. Aren't I. :) I love all drums. I just love mine more. :)
I actually have a good story. The owner of one of the drum stores I visited in the States on the weekend had this well to do guy come into his shop a couple of weeks ago. He sat down at a kit in his shop. After playing it for a bit he said I want one, and asked the store owner if he would take a trade. The owner said sure what do you have. He told him he had a DW collectors custom order kit, with Bubinga outer exotic finish. He hated the sound of it, and was blown away with the kit he just sat down at. He asked the owner if he would take a straight trade. The owner of course said sure. Guess what kind of kit it was. :)

That's a great finish Congratulations!!!! Now can make a Drum tour like you did on the 14 Piece kit? ^_^
For you buddy. After I get it all set up and configured just right. Sure. :)

I love the finish on that kit.
Looks great! Sure it will sounds as good as it looks.
Congrats
Luke
Thanks! I am sure it will sound great. I played the floor toms after I set them up, and tuned them, and they sounded huge. Even if I didn't like the sound of them I would of got them just to look at. :)

OH come on. I am getting better. Aren't I. :) I love all drums. I just love mine more. :)
I actually have a good story. The owner of one of the drum stores I visited in the States on the weekend had this well to do guy come into his shop a couple of weeks ago. He sat down at a kit in his shop. After playing it for a bit he said I want one, and asked the store owner if he would take a trade. The owner said sure what do you have. He told him he had a DW collectors custom order kit, with Bubinga outer exotic finish. He hated the sound of it, and was blown away with the kit he just sat down at. He asked the owner if he would take a straight trade. The owner of course said sure. Guess what kind of kit it was. :)

Haha. Well.. your story could be easily explained by the guy not knowing how to tune his drums and then playing some perfectly tuned drums on the store... :D But I'm just pushing your buttons. Haha. I like Saturns too, only that I like many other drums as well.

Black hardware ain't my cup of tea but anyway your kit looks very nice. I would've been really happy to see you go chrome though.

PS: By any chance.. did you buy any ZILDJIAN cymbals to go with your new kit??? :D :D :D lol.

Cheers!!

Haha. Well.. your story could be easily explained by the guy not knowing how to tune his drums and then playing some perfectly tuned drums on the store... :D But I'm just pushing your buttons. Haha. I like Saturns too, only that I like many other drums as well.

Black hardware ain't my cup of tea but anyway your kit looks very nice. I would've been really happy to see you go chrome though.

PS: By any chance.. did you buy any ZILDJIAN cymbals to go with your new kit??? :D :D :D lol.

Cheers!!
You don't like black hardware. Buddy. Come on. I don't like Cheap black painted hardware, but this black nickel stuff is beautiful. That's OK. I like your honesty. :)
It was not offered in chrome. These are a very limited run, and you get them how they make them. No choices involved. Believe me I have tried many Zildjians, at stores, and even borrowed my buddies new A's for a week, but did not like them. I have some Zildjian hats from the 40's that sound great. I actually picked my Paragon hats, because they sounded just like them. One day! :)

Awesome kit there S4D. Beautiful finish. I think Mapex has some of the most gorgeous finishes made. Congrats and enjoy.

Awesome kit there S4D. Beautiful finish. I think Mapex has some of the most gorgeous finishes made. Congrats and enjoy.
Thanks you sir. It was just too good to pass up. My favorite Saturns, with a twist. Birch, Burl, Sienna Fade, all at a fantastic price. In the light you can really see the red in the sienna color. LIke a rust color.

Thanks you sir. It was just too good to pass up. My favorite Saturns, with a twist. Birch, Burl, Sienna Fade, all at a fantastic price. In the light you can really see the red in the sienna color. LIke a rust color.

Hey Sticks, I did'nt read this whole thread, (sorry)

But to clear up issues in another thread,..........

Is that the exact kit you set out to buy?

Or,,... were you just ready for another kit, and this one "suited" you just fine.

Did you have to wait? or was it cash and carry?

Oh Yea!....Awesome,,,,, AWESOME,,,,,,kit, by the way!

Please do tell. Thanks

I know you said you traveled.

Back