My little padded drum cell

Mark_S

Silver Member
Accumulated over many years:

DrumRoom1.JPG

DrumRoom2.JPG

Drums:
Premier XPK 6 peice (8", 10", 12", 14", 22", 14" Snare) - brought new in 1996.
Premier Signia Snare 14".
XPK toms modified to use RIMS mounts.

Cymbals (left to right):
Paiste Signature 14" Medium Hihats
Paiste Sound Formula 16" Thin Crash
Paiste Signature 16" Full Crash
Paiste Signature 17" Full Crash
Paiste Signature 20" Dry Ride
Paiste Signature 18" Thin China
Paiste Signature 18" Full Crash

Not currently set up (not enough stands!):
Paiste Signature 18" Fast Crash
Sabian HH 10" Splash

Other:
Pork Pie drum throne
Iron Cobra double bass drum pedal
Miscellaneous Premier hardware
2 x Yamaha CS755 single braced boom stands
2 x Pearl double braced boom stands

Heads:
Remo Pinstripe & Emporers (sometimes ambassadors, depends) batter side.
Remo Ambassadors resonant side.
Remo Powerstroke 3 on snare (not keen, going back to none muffled next).
EMAD on bass drum.

Now I just have to learn how to play it all properly!

Last edited:
very nice man, what exactly did you use for the wall padding?

Thanks! Just thick quilts. It isn't so much to stop the noise getting out, it's to get rid of the sound reflections that build up in such a small room - it improved the sound a lot.

I did do a little soundproofing - The window I filled with insulation, built a frame around it and then sealed it with plasterboard and lots of caulk to make it air tight. It works pretty well, it can only just be heard across the road so very pleased with the result.

Accumulated over many years:

DrumRoom1.JPG

DrumRoom2.JPG

Drums:
Premier XPK 6 peice (8", 10", 12", 14", 22", 14" Snare) - brought new in 1996.
Premier Signia Snare 14".
XPK toms modified to use RIMS mounts.

Cymbals (left to right):
Paiste Signature 14" Medium Hihats
Paiste Sound Formula 16" Thin Crash
Paiste Signature 16" Full Crash
Paiste Signature 17" Full Crash
Paiste Signature 20" Dry Ride
Paiste Signature 18" Thin China
Paiste Signature 18" Full Crash

Not currently set up (not enough stands!):
Paiste Signature 18" Fast Crash
Sabian HH 10" Splash

Other:
Pork Pie drum throne
Iron Cobra double bass drum pedal
Miscellaneous Premier hardware
2 x Yamaha CS755 single braced boom stands
2 x Pearl double braced boom stands

Heads:
Remo Pinstripe & Emporers (sometimes ambassadors, depends) batter side.
Remo Ambassadors resonant side.
Remo Powerstroke 3 on snare (not keen, going back to none muffled next).
EMAD on bass drum.

Now I just have to learn how to play it all properly!

Hey...how'd that Sabian get in there? Must've snuck in the back way. Just kidding obviously. Nice setup. Always nice to see some Sound Formula in the mix!

@LukeSnyder: cheers man! Love the youtube channel. Your crazy blast in the Santa hat made me laugh!!

@ambientgreg: lol, yes it does look a little out of place! I had Sabian Pro's originally, then bought the splashes then replaced the pros with a couple of Paistes I picked up second hand (I fell in love with the Paiste sound in 1994 when I heard Nick Mason use them on the Pink Floyd Pulse tour). I managed to lose my 8" splash at a gig years ago :-( So just got the 10" left and I still love the sound of it, so it may as well stay with Paistes. They've all made friends so they get on fine ;-)

@LukeSnyder: cheers man! Love the youtube channel. Your crazy blast in the Santa hat made me laugh!!

@ambientgreg: lol, yes it does look a little out of place! I had Sabian Pro's originally, then bought the splashes then replaced the pros with a couple of Paistes I picked up second hand (I fell in love with the Paiste sound in 1994 when I heard Nick Mason use them on the Pink Floyd Pulse tour). I managed to lose my 8" splash at a gig years ago :-( So just got the 10" left and I still love the sound of it, so it may as well stay with Paistes. They've all made friends so they get on fine ;-)

Haha, thanks for checking it out Mark! When can we expect some videos from you? ;) I'd like to see that setup in action!

Haha, thanks for checking it out Mark! When can we expect some videos from you? ;) I'd like to see that setup in action!

Hmm.. errrrrm.. ummm.. *thinking of suitable excuse*... I don't have a video camera at the moment. Seriously - my stills camera is an SLR and doesn't have video. However I am saving up for one as it'll be a great way to review technique and all that, so there will be vids sometime soon hopefully :)

Back