Like a virgin, Yamaha bass drum plate.

Fred D

Pioneer Member
With all the talk about virgin kicks lately, I thought this may be of some interest.

Drummerworld member, So Cal Mike, makes plates that replace the factory tom holder. They are great looking, and super easy to install.

You'll need a phillips head screw driver, and a small wrench. Simply remove the tom mount from the bass drum and install the plate using the existing nuts and bolts.

I decided to fly my toms off of cymbal stands. I needed to purchase two clamps and use the existing L arms that were part of the factory double tom mount.

The advantage is a cleaner looking kit, better adjustability, and more tone and resonance.

Here's a few pictures:

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 14,016
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 13,353
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 12,489
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 13,237
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 12,465
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 12,419
Last edited:
oh, that is awesome. I may have to see if he can make me one. your kit looks great with the virgin kick.

Looks great! Nice job. I've always preferred the non drilled look and this looks totally professional.

An untapped market, Thats great, about time somebody did it!

You bet! A really great product. The plates come in different colors. A solid backing plate would be a great idea also. The backing plate in the picture is a factory part.

The plates were shown on the Yamaha Drums thread, but I thought a great product like this should get a little more attention. Other DW members also use these plates.

Gents,

Feel free to add you plate photos to this thread.

Ludwig? Tama?

The plates were shown on the Yamaha Drums thread, but I thought a great product like this should get a little more attention. Other DW members also use these plates.

Gents,

Feel free to add you plate photos to this thread.

Ludwig? Tama?

Thanks for the kind words Fred and Yes I will post the other color plates that I have.
I have a New look coming very soon As far as doing other brands it's very possible.
Here is my kit with the Red Anodize plate

DSCN6987.jpg

DSCN7016.jpg

Looks great! It could use an even lower profile though. Maybe the plate could be thinner and use *much* smaller bolts (smaller bolt-heads, that is)? Those bolts are huge and stand out quite a bit.

Looks great! It could use an even lower profile though. Maybe the plate could be thinner and use *much* smaller bolts (smaller bolt-heads, that is)? Those bolts are huge and stand out quite a bit.

Hey Vin,

I might pick up some cap bolts for a little lower profile. The bolts that hold the mount to the drum are counter sunk. The plate comes with four washers that compensate for the counter sunk bolts.

The plate is actually very thin.

Take care

Hey Vin,

I might pick up some cap bolts for a little lower profile. The bolts that hold the mount to the drum are counter sunk. The plate comes with four washers that compensate for the counter sunk bolts.

The plate is actually very thin.

Take care

Thanks Fred you sound like the "West Coast Sales Rep" lol............
The bolt is a 6mm and 20mm long I first used a black bolt that looks good but I thought it would be better to use the stock bolt for the chrome look???
The bolts that I'm using on my kick are chrome plated and cost $$$ but look good

DSCN7020.jpg

Thanks for the input zam!

not really an untapped market. I'm pretty sure Pearl makes those things too... I saw them somewhere... can't remember where though.

Here was the first Custom plate done for Wes I will let him post the finished picture

DSCN7036.jpg

DSCN6975.jpg

plate1_1.jpg

This one was done for a PDF Member to match his kit

007.jpg

DSCN7271.jpg

Back