(SNARE TEST) Odery Custom MONO PLY Araucaria 14*6

daniboun

Hi amigos,

Let me introduce my new Odery Custom snare. Got it in Germany.
I was looking for a Handcrafted snare and as I was born in Brasil, I went to my country :) This is a Single Ply Steambent Araucaria shell.
I've now been living in France and Play Pop Rock Folk Groove musics. I wanted a soft and articulate snare, with good low ends and a "sweet and warm" sound. Found it this superb snare. This a very versatile snare and the finish is great as well.
I love exotic and specific woods and did not know about this one.

The snare is very well finished. Hardware seems to be strong and really love the blonde mate natural finish.

Demo :

https://soundcloud.com/justdani/odery-araucaria-single-ply-14x6

Spec :

- Mono Ply Araucaria wood (Pretty like Maple, but with much more low ends)
- Snare beds
- 45° bearing edges (perfectly cut)
- Safe Hoops 3mm
- Bronze and Steel Wire
- Die Cast Odery Strainer (3 positions)
- RMV batter head single ply (made in Brazil) and Evans Hazy 300 reso
- Low mass lugs

Pictures :

Last edited:
First live concert and my pragmatic feedback :

ABSOLUTELY SUPERB ! Lots of low ends ! Somewhere between Mahogany and Walnut with the attack of Birch and so warmy too.
Araucaria seems to be a very great wood. The single ply also makes the difference.

I'm in love :)

That's a gorgeous looking snare you've got yourself.
My only concern would be all those moving parts on the strainer, and how exposed they are.

That's a gorgeous looking snare you've got yourself.
My only concern would be all those moving parts on the strainer, and how exposed they are.

That was my first opinion too... but when you get the snare on the hands, the strainer is just ergonomic ! 3 accurate positions and seems to be strong anyway. I gave a concert in France with another drummer and he told me that this snare was magic and loved the strainer because of its practicality.

Back