Tyger's Saturns

10,12,14? That's an interesting combination, especially when paired with a 22" BD.

I look forward to the new pics!

-Jonathan

The plan was to get the kit and add a 16" ft later, though I'm seeing that to buy it new is going to cost almost 3/4 of what I payed for the kit! hahaha
I really wanted the 22" kick as my 3007 is fusion sizes.

Not sure why the previous owner had these specs but yes I would have preferred a 16" ft over the 14"

My old roommate`s cat pissed on my stick bag once. That was just pure spite.

Doh! That sucks! hehehe

I love the red sparkle. Congrats!

Thanks Bo, I must say though, I can appreciate how good the Sonor 3007 is. It's definitely a good mid range kit that can hold it's own.
The Saturn though is the soun I was hearing my head, I like the emperors over ambassadors right now but onceI find the right head I think it'll be an even better experience!

I know heads are pricey but I am loving my clear Pinstripes over ambassador's on my saturn.

Good thing a Saturn 14 is very deep and powerful.

I put my 12 back on but I was running the same setup. It's not as easy to tune as the 10 or 14...

What did u notice when you changed the rim?

I know heads are pricey but I am loving my clear Pinstripes over ambassador's on my saturn.

I no longer have the pinstripes I bought months ago but I do have Aquarian Performance II's that are similar, will definitely try them out eventually

Good thing a Saturn 14 is very deep and powerful.

I put my 12 back on but I was running the same setup. It's not as easy to tune as the 10 or 14...

What did u notice when you changed the rim?

Yes I've found out that I can tune this pretty low but have to tune the reso higher and muffle the reso a bit or else it just keeps singing! hahaha.

As for the snare, the wood hoop eliminated a lot of overtones and added some warmth and dryness to the snare, upon removing it there was a nice "Clang" hahaha. Still sounds good but very open tone to the snare, nothing a bit of gaff tape can't handle.

Back