Christmas has come and gone... what'd you get?

D

DSCRAPRE

For me it was an awesome Treeworks 23 bar Classic Chime, a set of Vader Timbale Sticks (buying more!) and Led Zeppelin's fourth. Thats just Muzak stuff and the T-shirts and underwear hardly diserve mention...

My family all bought me clothes, but I bought myself a new PDP kit that was on clearance. Might go check out some cymbals and a new snare on Monday. I've had my eye on a Pork Pie Lil' Squealer for a while now.

Will have pics of new kit once it arrives.

A DW airlift throne, Love it. 2 BC900 Pearl cymbal stands, very nice. A set of optimounts and unilock arms, and brushes and sticks and stuff.

Bought myself JoJo's Secret Weapons, ol' St. Nick brought Tommy Igoe's Groove Essentials and I've got Pat's, Hands, Grooves and Fills on order...........It's fair to say......I'm gonna be wading through my new teaching aids a looooooooooooooong time!!

and Led Zeppelin's fourth.

A most excellent choice! Don't neglect LZII and Physical Graffiti either and then be sure to collect the rest!!

EddieHimself got a roc n soc throne and a new phone that stopped working so i'm going to use the money and some else and maybe get something nice...

PAISTE+2002+WILD+CRASH.JPG

Bought this beauty of a VBX myself

10x7.5
12x8
14x14
16x16
22x18
14x5.5 Sensitone Steel

IMG_4215.jpg

And received these beauties of cymbals for Christmas!

14" HHX Groove Hats
17" HHXplosion Crash
19" HHXplosion Crash
21" HHX Raw Bell Dry Ride

IMG_7257.jpg

AA Regular Hats, Pearl Anarchy Crasher, AA Metal-X Splash and Puresound snares. O ya and a russian hat
Something like this without the logo...

black_hat2b.jpg

I bought myself what I wanted this year. I bought myself a used Tama kit. I also bought drum and hardware bags for the new/used kit. I bought all new stands for the kit too.
I told my wife and kids to save their cash and not get me anything.
I'm happy with that scenario. I got what I wanted!

I was very lucky this year my wife bought me...
K custom dark crash 18"
K Custom dark crash 17"
K custom session ride 20"
K mastersound 13" hi hats.

I play A customs and Zildjian oriental china,s, but these cymbals just sit beautifully with the set, so i,m going to keep them all for now.

I was very lucky this year my wife bought me...
K custom dark crash 18"
K Custom dark crash 17"
K custom session ride 20"
K mastersound 13" hi hats.

I play A customs and Zildjian oriental china,s, but these cymbals just sit beautifully with the set, so i,m going to keep them all for now.

your wife brought you all that where can i find one

- 'The Art of Bop Drumming' by John Riley
- 'Stick Control; for the Snare Drummer' by George L. Stone
- Jazz Legend Series; Gene Krupa and Buddy Rich DVD'S (Warner)
- Ginger Baker; master drum technique DVD
- Miles Davis; Kind of Blue
- a pair of Vater 7A American Classic

I really wanted to some material to study and work from, I'm defintaley gonna have a busy time for the forseeable fututure! :)

Kev

im buying myself a yamaha recording custom 14"x8" snare, any opinions on these would be great.

and darren walker, you are one lucky guy i love k custom darks

a pearl chad smith snare
latin percussion john dolmayan kit (two mini timbales and an amazing cowbell)
snare stand
new practice pad
16 & 17 inch a custom projection crahes
14 inch a custom hi hats
20 inch a custom ping ride
16 inch wuhan china
zildjian zxt trashformer cymbal (awesome )
this was for my bday and christmas so i was very lucky

Last edited:
Awesome stuff everybody! I'm looking to go find a better crash to replace my gawdawfull Sabian Xs20 with the cash money I got from the familia.

"A most excellent choice! Don't neglect LZII and Physical Graffiti either and then be sure to collect the rest!! "

Yeah, I'm gonna pick up the complete studio box set. The breadth of quality that is in that library is without equal.

Not a whole lot drumming-wise, but a set of coated emperors for my toms as well as a PS3 and diplomat hazy for my snare. Everything sounds great.

I did get some money though so I'll likely be checking out some cymbals this week.

I got loads of bottles of wine from my students!!!! I'm kind of worried about the connotations..... ;-)

I also got a fine briefcase from one of my long term students so that I look professional when working through the school system this coming year.

And I bought a bunch of snares for myself!!!!!! 3!!!!!

Happy happy happy.....

Those kits and hats and stuff you guys got look great. I'd like a Russian hat. I have a thing for hats....

Oh one other thing I nearly got. I nearly had a heart attack on Xmas eve when the dog in my care nearly died, and then another freaked out and took off on a 6 lane highway while attached to a fence! How people did not die is beyond me. This episode went back and forth over half a kilometer. I finally stopped it by diving onto the fence as the dog flew down the road. What a mess.

Back