Bare Feet, Socks or Shoes?

jojo mayer has proposed all stars but i find they are impossible to do heel toe with.I prefer skating shoes or slip on vans and generally shoes that leave the ankle free

i play with all.. depending on if my dad turns the heat on.. lol

when i play at my youth group i prefer socks though, because it doesnt have the same feel as my set... and i have size 13 wide vans... BIG feet in such little room x(

Converse or Emerica skate shoes, the skate shoes are too expensive though, so i use cons for drumming and leave the emeriacas to skateboarding

I like using shoes, but then I use shoes for everything, in the morning I wake up and put my shoes on, even if I'm not going anywhere. I just think they are so comfortable.

i started playing with just socks on when i was practicing heel - toe

i couldnt get my foot far enough forward to get the 'heel beat' i then found i was more relaxed and felt more loose with out shoes so i use it for all my pedal work.

i dont like bare feet cos for some reason i dont feel as controlled.

Also if the pedal is too 'springy' the top of your foot takes a reel pounding if you dont control the rebound - the top of my foot swelled up after a 3 hour practice of the hard side of my pedal head hitting it!

:)

Preferred Footwear???

Just curious.... what kind of footwear do you prefer when playing? Do you even have a preference at all, or go barefoot?

Me I currently prefer the Adidas 'Racer' line, 'cos of the grippy flat thin sole and the presence these give you on the pedals

Re: Preferred Footwear???

There's nothing wrong with bringing up previous topics.

I like to wear aqua shoes. They're light, slip on easily, and grip the pedals great. They're very much like dancing shoes but there made for swimming and diving and they're not slick on the bottom like dancing shoes are.

Socks for me, it's way cummfier and it's easier to move my foot. If you wear certain types of shoes they tend to take up alot of room on the pedal so thats another I go with socks. The skin on my feet is too sensitive to play bare foot.

Feet-Playiing with shoes: good? bad?

Hey people ;)

Well I've been playing for a long time on my double pedal without shoes for some time...
Today, my guitar player suggested that maybe I could get stronger strokes with shoes on which I found that true, but the thing about shoes is that I can easily get tired :/
I'm thinking playing the double pedal using some all-star shoes because they're lighter than the ones I usually use....

What do you think?
please let me know from you soon ;)
Thanks =)

Re: Feet-Playiing with shoes: good? bad?

I used to play in Puma motocross style shoes which basically hve a very thin sole. I find I play a lot better in a pair of regular old Nike tennis shoes. I dont like to play in boots or anything with a large heal though.

I used to play with shoes on because I came to practice with shoes on. Now that I have a music room in my house, I show up to practice without shoes on. Shoes, no shoes... it doesn't matter for me. Strength comes from the leg- not the foot wear. I actually feel I have better control now that I play barefoot.

Try many different things and go with whatever's most comfortable fer ye. I play with Adidas Italia shoes. Feel great, but SBE is right, strength comes from yer legs, not yer shoe wear.

I used to play in Puma motocross style shoes which basically hve a very thin sole. I find I play a lot better in a pair of regular old Nike tennis shoes. I dont like to play in boots or anything with a large heal though.

Motocross style shoes? How do you style a pair of shoes like Moto boots? And how could you play in them? No ankle movement and weight heaps, not to mention they're fricken huge. It'd be like casting your feet in concrete blocks and trying to play...

Attachments

• 012404tech8.jpg
    012404tech8.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 254

if i were to recommend any shoes, id say to use the vans without laces, that just slips right on. those are perfect, super thin, and lots of tread. :)

Motocross style shoes? How do you style a pair of shoes like Moto boots? And how could you play in them? No ankle movement and weight heaps, not to mention they're fricken huge. It'd be like casting your feet in concrete blocks and trying to play...

Apparently not those kind. LOL!!

i alway play without shoe because it's way more comfortable and my feet are kind of big so the big shoes like get in the way

Back