New PDP Concepts!

Echo-Percussion

Hey everyone! I've lurked around here for a while, and thought that i should finally post something. I got a PDP Concept three piece shell pack last week and though it would be a great first post!

The kit is in white to black sparkle fade (matching the Concept snare that I purchased a while back) and the sizes are: 10x12, 14x16 and 22x24, the snare is a 5.5x14.

The heads on the toms are Hydraulic over Hydraulic, snare is Hydraulic over Evans 500, and the bass is a Evans EMAD with the PDP stock front.

Cymbals are Byzance Benny Greb Vintange sand 14" Hi-hats and 22" riveted ride, a Byzance Classic 20" crash and a Classic Custom 10" splash!

Hardware is a bit mix and match right now, but I run a DW 9000 series double pedal.

Attachments

• rsz_img_0558.jpg
    rsz_img_0558.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 369
  • rsz_1rsz_img_0559.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_img_0559.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 338
Welcome to the forum.

Wonderful looking kit. 24" kids are making me jealous.

Peace and love.

Very nice looking kit. I like my PDPs too but they're 12 years old.

I bet they sound great.

BTW, are you sure on that BD size? Looks like 22x18 to me or maybe 24x18.

Congrats on the new kit.

Very nice looking kit. I like my PDPs too but they're 12 years old.

I bet they sound great.

BTW, are you sure on that BD size? Looks like 22x18 to me or maybe 24x18.

Congrats on the new kit.

Thinking he meant 24x18, that's the 24" kick size on PDP's website.

Gorgeous kit. I have a Classics Custom Extreme Metal splash and it's very nice for the $38 I paid for it ;)

Thank you so much for all of the replies!

And yes, the bass is actually a 24x18 (quite sorry about the misinformation)

I use the Hydraulics because i really love the beefy, warm tone that that give while keeping good stick definition. And these drums so really sound amazing, I've wanted a set since they came out and was only just able to get my hands on a set.

Look good but I have a question as to why a 5 mil snare side head. I tried one and talk about dead. let us know.

Look good but I have a question as to why a 5 mil snare side head. I tried one and talk about dead. let us know.

I was experimenting, and decided to go with a thicker reso. I have it tuned rather tight, (batter and reso, batter being a hazy blue hydraulic) with the snare wires at medium tension. It got rid of a lot of ring and overtones, and the snare has a nice fat 'pssht' sound too it, and excellent crack on rimshots!

Hope this helps!

Back