Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

Been drumming for about a year now, my Gretsch Energy kit is my first and only. Not the best but certainly not the worst by any means. It's got a great 22" kick! I've added to it a Ludwig 1974 Acrolite 14x4.5 snare, Ludwig Accent 10x8 rack tom, and a Ludwig Rocker 16x16 floor tom that I got for free off a buddy (not pictured is the Gretsch 12x8 rack tom, Gretsch 14x5.5 and Mapex 13x3.5 steel piccolo snare). I'm rocking some Zildjian ZHT cymbals and one A custom 16" fast crash. I've got it all on my Gibraltar rack. Trying to work a lot to save up, and hopefully join a band so that I can get money from gigs, because I would love to get some Zildjian K's.

I got all this down in my makeshift drum room in my basement. Which is basically just a small "room" cornered off by moving blankets, with carpet covered wood panes and a mattress in the corner. It's ghetto but it works for the most part.

I also got this sweet Sabian cymbal display rack off craigslist for only $50! Don't have the cymbals to fill it yet, but there is always time for that! You can never have enough cymbals!

I also can't wait to get my Pork Pie silver sparkle/zebra top round drum throne!

Attachments

• photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 2,306
  • photo 1 (3).JPG
    photo 1 (3).JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 2,300
  • photo 2 (3).JPG
    photo 2 (3).JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 2,294
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 2,292
Hey guys! I have 3 NEW (vintage) Gretsch kits. Here is my champagne sparkle progressive jazz kit.

20140918_075137-1.jpg

gretsch-drum-set-c-pre-1970-2012131614-gretsch-midblue-5pc.jpg

Attachments

• Gretsch_Painted_Head.jpg
    Gretsch_Painted_Head.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,225
Fooling around with a little lighting and a wide angle shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,838
  • IMG_0492_2.jpg
    IMG_0492_2.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 1,666
Last edited:
In the garage for a polish and tune up..

Last edited by a moderator:
More recent setup of my USA Customs. 15" floor added, 10" sleeps in the bag. Ludwig Atlas mounts replaced with Gauger alloy R.I.M.S. Now it is pure joy to play.

Attachments

• 001 mini.jpg
    001 mini.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,617
'nother shot of the Beast just because..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys
I know this is probably not the right thread but hoping someone can point me in the right direction/ forum. I just picked up what I thought was a straightforward Custom Gretsch sequentially correct serial numbered kit. On closer inspection this is not the case. I missed obviously different badges on the toms and the interior labels are different on some. Any help greatly appreciated
thanks

Hi Guys
I know this is probably not the right thread but hoping someone can point me in the right direction/ forum. I just picked up what I thought was a straightforward Custom Gretsch sequentially correct serial numbered kit. On closer inspection this is not the case. I missed obviously different badges on the toms and the interior labels are different on some. Any help greatly appreciated
thanks

Have you got any photos?

I have these two for sale if anyone in the Gretsch world is interested.
10 inch tom with suspension, and 16 x 16 with legs, Cherry flavored.
Catalina Maple, in flawless condition. Make an offer.

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,283
  • IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,271
Man - BigSteve - that is one beautiful drum kit!!
Congratulations on your choice - that is one of the nicest looking kits I've ever seen - great photo job too by the way.

Happy drumming to you!

That is awesome trying to figure out how to post a picture of my gretch catalina maple.

Attachments

• DSCN3728.JPG
    DSCN3728.JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 1,249
Man - BigSteve - that is one beautiful drum kit!!
Congratulations on your choice - that is one of the nicest looking kits I've ever seen - great photo job too by the way.

Happy drumming to you!

This is my Gretch, figured out i had to resize my pics.

Attachments

• DSCN3690.JPG
    DSCN3690.JPG
    440.5 KB · Views: 1,244
  • DSCN3695.JPG
    DSCN3695.JPG
    343.7 KB · Views: 1,234
  • DSCN3701.JPG
    DSCN3701.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 1,235
Great set of shells, and looking to pick up a couple other sizes. Grabbed a 10" tom last week after these pics were taken.

Back