My Yamaha

Truburdz

This is my Yamaha Rydeen. I finally got new heads and decided to put some pics up.
The sizes are:
10 x 8 inch Tom-Tom (Don't use)
12 x 9 inch Tom-Tom
14 x 14 inch Floor Tom
22 x 16 inch Bass Drum
14 x 5.5 inch Wood Snare Drum

All my toms have Evan G2 on top and stock bottem, my snare has Evans Power Center reverse dots and my bass drum has evan emad.

How do you tune G2's? I've never bothered with fine tuning my toms till now. What range do they sound good at? high mid low? and what about the bottem head, do i make it tight or keep it loose?

DSC00135-1.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

Tom tuning is a fine art, but generally speaking a medium-high tuning on the resonant head and then something slightly lower on the batter tends to work for a general ballpark. I've heard Fiberskyns on your particular kit and they can sound phenomenal with proper tuning - as can any high quality heads. The Rydeen kits are really quite good and they are very well made - which is the most important factor when buying a kit.

Tom tuning is a fine art, but generally speaking a medium-high tuning on the resonant head and then something slightly lower on the batter tends to work for a general ballpark. I've heard Fiberskyns on your particular kit and they can sound phenomenal with proper tuning - as can any high quality heads. The Rydeen kits are really quite good and they are very well made - which is the most important factor when buying a kit.

Alright thx for the tip and what is fiberskyns?

fiberskyns are a type of head.
theyre made by remo.

Fiberskyn® 3 drumheads feature the dark, warm, round tone sought after for traditional jazz, concert snare drums, bass drums and tom-toms. Fiberskyn 3 also provides an outstanding, authentic ethnic drum sound when used on World Percussion instruments.

heres the link
http://remo.com/portal/products/3/8/52/ds_fiberskyn_3.html

what type of yamaha pedal are you using?

Congrats on your Rydeen, it's a very decent yet inexpensive set.
Are you sure the bass is 22"? The 10" - 12" - 14" set usually comes with 20" bass IIRC.
Why do you not use the boom arm to place your ride closer to your 12" tom? Good setup anyway.

Yamaha makes a great set.

I have played on one at GC and was really surprised at the sound. Just fantastic.

Congrats on a wonderful set!!!!

Congrats on your Rydeen, it's a very decent yet inexpensive set.
Are you sure the bass is 22"? The 10" - 12" - 14" set usually comes with 20" bass IIRC.
Why do you not use the boom arm to place your ride closer to your 12" tom? Good setup anyway.

Ya, i could be wrong, i can nvr remember the size of my drums. As for the boom stand, i wish i had one but i don't work anymore so i can't buy one. When i do get the money(saving for college) I will definetly go get one.

fiberskyns are a type of head.
theyre made by remo.

Fiberskyn® 3 drumheads feature the dark, warm, round tone sought after for traditional jazz, concert snare drums, bass drums and tom-toms. Fiberskyn 3 also provides an outstanding, authentic ethnic drum sound when used on World Percussion instruments.

heres the link
http://remo.com/portal/products/3/8/52/ds_fiberskyn_3.html

what type of yamaha pedal are you using?

I will definetly look into those when im ready to buy another batter head, for the one i have is still good. I am looking into buying a res head though. I'm using the stock and i think its the reason why i can't get a good sound out of my tom. I heard evan g1 are good, should i get it?

Back