My Gretsch Renown w/ Paiste Traditionals, Giant Beat and Dark Energy

SKC

Hello, folks, this is my first post and thread on this forum and I thought I would start out my membership here with a couple of pictures of my kit. I am from the PDF, so I know some may know me. Please relax and enjoy.

Specs:
Drums - Gretsch Renown Maple:
9x12 Rack
6.5x14 Snare
16x16 Floor
20x22 Bass

Cymbals - All Paiste:
24" Giant Beat
22" Traditional Light
20" Traditional Medium-Light
14" Dark Energy top over Traditional bottom.

Hardware - Gibraltar:
9608HM Hydraulic Moto-style Throne
9607ML-DP Hi-Hat stand
9609-BT Boom Stand
8606 Flat-based snare stand
6610 Straight stand x2
5606 Tom stand
Tama:
Iron Cobra Power Glide Double Pedal

Heads - Remo:
Coated Ambassador over Coated Ambassadors on toms
FiberSkyn Ambassador over Hazy Ambassador on Snare
Evans:
Emad over EQ3 on bass

Misc:
LP Stealth Block

Not Shown:
LP Black Beauty

cymbals:
P3120044.jpg

P3120037.jpg

P3120034.jpg

P3120045.jpg

P3120046.jpg

CopyofP3120030.jpg

CopyofP3120028.jpg

CopyofP3120029.jpg

P3120049.jpg

P4270045.jpg

Drums:
P3120054.jpg

P3120056.jpg

P3120058.jpg

DSCF3297.jpg

DSCF3298.jpg

DSCF3299.jpg

DSCF3301.jpg

DSCF3304.jpg

DSCF3306.jpg

DSCF3310.jpg

P4270009.jpg

P4270007.jpg

P4270020.jpg

P4270032.jpg

P4270035.jpg

P4270036.jpg

P4270052.jpg

Nice kit; it is the kind of drum set that can give you decades of pleasure. Solemnly promise to never sell it and to treat it with the utmost respect! (Kidding of course but if you do follow through with such a promise, you will be sitting behind an heirloom.)

I'm very happy for you; you have great taste!

GJS

Very nice, I wish my Renowns had a 16" floor tom.

I see this a lot & I'm simply curious. Why no felt/nut on the cymbal stands?

Now that's what I call a nice set of drums and cymbals! I'm sure they sound even better than they look! Just out of curiosity, are you a Steve Jordan fan?, becuase this setup looks like it would make him feel right at home.

I don't know what is going on over at the PDF but I would like to welcome you to DW by telling you that you set yours drums up backwards.

Oh thanks, haha!

eddiehimself said:
Relax? But it's... WRONG!!! D: :p only joking yeah i like it. Very nice collection of pies and likin the sticker on the BD as well ;)

Thank you, kind sir. I am always told how I'm a freak because of my set-up, so it doesn't bother me! :) Thank you for the compliment!

drumac said:
I like how you roll dude. Nice looking kit/setup.
Thanks, man!

Skulmoski said:
Nice kit; it is the kind of drum set that can give you decades of pleasure. Solemnly promise to never sell it and to treat it with the utmost respect! (Kidding of course but if you do follow through with such a promise, you will be sitting behind an heirloom.)

I'm very happy for you; you have great taste!

GJS

Haha, thank you, I plan on keeping it a long time, as it is my first pro kit.

brotherbaker said:
Very nice, I wish my Renowns had a 16" floor tom.

I see this a lot & I'm simply curious. Why no felt/nut on the cymbal stands?

I do not think that there really is any need for felts or wingnuts, because the cymbals are not small enough to be knocked off the stand when you crash them; It just won't happen. If I had 18" or smaller crashes, I would most definitely have the wingnuts and felts. plus, the felts do not dampen the cymbals, and it also makes the tear down easier.

It's nice to meet all of you; thank you for commenting!

Beautiful kit and cymbals. I'm a big fan of the 20x22 bass drum, too. Looks great out in the garden!

Welcome to DW and for being a member of the Gretsch Family of fine musical instruments.

Extremely gorgeous drums man!! can't say enough about it or the cymbals.

And the colour matches the dog...

very nice kit. i love the set up!

how do you like the Traditionals Light Ride?? im thinking about getting one and how would you rate is crashability??
Cheers

Back