My daughter's new shagadelic drums

She should have the gig with Murph and the Magic Tones on lock!! :) LOL

She could also play with Dr. Teeth or ZZ Top.

Woa, that's a very sweet looking kit. A 24" kicker and a Supra for an 8 year old?! You sure know how to spoil there Pa'. Years from now we'll be reading about your and Gwaco's daughters making it big in Nashville or somewhere.

All she's missing now is one of these hats to wear while she's drumming.

http://www.amazon.com/ELMO-Laplander-Hat-Sesame-Street/dp/B0041WV9AS

I had to cut down the edges more because if just a bit of fur was contacting the head it muffled the drum significantly. Right now they resonance is cut down a little but overall they sound great, especially the floor tom and the kick.

Only 4 muppets were harmed during the production of this drum set.

Cheers. Your daughter is an incredibly lucky girl - contrast with my experience as a child where I had to relentlessly nag until Dad grumblingly bought me a dire $100 Frankenstein kit and from then on he regularly reminded me of how good he was to let me make noise with it. Better than being banned from playing but hardly encouraging. You are SuperDad! :)

It looked as thought you culled Red Menace to cover the kit but he's just posted on this thread so I guess he's ok ...

Haha... This is super cute. Lucky 8year old to have a Supraphonic!

Wow, I wish my dad was like you. hahaha Great job on the kit! Very lovely!

I'm sorry. I must play the devil's advocate. That's the most rediculous thing I've ever seen. I just saw one for sale finished like that on another web site and everyone was making fun of it, I said I was sorry. Though for an 8 year old, it's probably not so bad. Now, you guys are gonna be mad at me. :-(

I'm sorry. I must play the devil's advocate. That's the most rediculous thing I've ever seen. I just saw one for sale finished like that on another web site and everyone was making fun of it, I said I was sorry. Though for an 8 year old, it's probably not so bad. Now, you guys are gonna be mad at me. :-(

It is ridiculous. Ridiculous and AWESOME.

There is a point where the ridiculous turns awesome. The 80s big haired, leotarded metal bands tried and failed miserably - but this kit...well...it's so ridiculous it's absolutely bl00dy awesome.

Mr Underhill, consider your back patted!

Mr. Underhill - that is a beautiful thing you did for your step-daughter.
The effort you put forth to make them........makes them a treasure ...for both of you.

Well done I say! The drums look great!

Back