My Mapex Orion

beany_22

Hey, i just got these off eBay last week for an absolute steal and thought i would share here.

I was originally looking for a used intermediate level kit just for practicing with at home so i didn't have to lug one kit around from home to shows and practices but i saw these and could not resist. They're in Antique Ivory finish and are absolutely spotless, no wear on them or anything. They came with Aquarian Coated Response 2 heads on the batter side of the toms over Satin Finish Texture Coated heads, i changed the reso heads to clear ambassadors and they sound absolutely spot on.

Specs are

13" Rack Tom
16" Floor Tom
24" Bass

I'm not sure what series the snare drum is, just a spare Ludwig snare drum until i get a new throw off for my first snare.

13" AAX stage hats
18" AAX dark crash
19" AAX stage crash
20" AAX stage ride
DSCF0716.jpg

DSCF0718.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!

Nice kit!
And if you dont mind me asking how much did you get it for?
I love hearing what good deals people got on there drums or cymbals

Very nice, beautiful finish on that kit. The black nickel hardware is great too. Let's see a pic of that snare!

Thanks a lot for the compliments guys.

Not a problem man, i paid £600 for the drums, 3 Hardcases for them, the tom mount which i've since taken off, and a spare Aquarian Clear Force 1 kick head.

Here's a picture of the snare that i've just taken.

DSCF0722.jpg

It's not actually my snare. I started a thread before in a different part of the forum about the strainer on mine snapping in half and i just haven't got round to buying a new one yet, which i really should do soon. This belong's to a friend who doesn't really play anymore. I'm thinking about giving him and offer for it as it's a really nice drum.

Cheers again for looking guys.

Beautiful kit man! Only thing is that 13" hats seem a little touch wimpy with a 24" kicker. My kit is a 12,16,24 and now I've been bitten by the big drum bug. Looking for a 14x8 snare and an 18" floor... It's been emotional.

Back