Pearl masters pics wanted

Barry - I'm guessing we're talking about Dennis Chambers and Todd Sucherman? Both look like Masters MCX kits - how did they sound to you? I mean...aside from being played by perhaps two of the most talented living drummers on earth? ;)

I saw Todd at a clinic a couple of months ago...playing a lower-end Vision kit. He made it sound like a million bucks - which only proves the idea that great drumming skills would sound great being played on milk jugs.

Barry - I'm guessing we're talking about Dennis Chambers and Todd Sucherman? Both look like Masters MCX kits - how did they sound to you? I mean...aside from being played by perhaps two of the most talented living drummers on earth? ;)

I saw Todd at a clinic a couple of months ago...playing a lower-end Vision kit. He made it sound like a million bucks - which only proves the idea that great drumming skills would sound great being played on milk jugs.

...yes indeed, it was Dennis Chambers and Todd Sucherman.

Hearing these drums played by these guys is like hearing them the way they were meant to sound. These guys could make music on paint cans and tin plates. Hearing and watching them play on such high quality instruments just makes them that much more scary and inhuman.

That being said, I came out of the Todd Sucherman clinic feeling inspired. The drums feel a little different these days.

barry

Hearing these drums played by these guys is like hearing them the way they were meant to sound. These guys could make music on paint cans and tin plates. Hearing and watching them play on such high quality instruments just makes them that much more scary and inhuman.

That being said, I came out of the Todd Sucherman clinic feeling inspired. The drums feel a little different these days.

barry

It does, for sure. Just when you think you've got even the basics locked in and you're really on top of a lick...or a rudiment - watching guys like this do the same thing really knocks you out of your frame. It's a good thing!

I was also very inspired by seeing Todd perform, he's an absolute machine. I think his intensely positive attitude made the whole experience what it was.

Woooooooah- this is a beautiful kit- I simply am in love with the entire thing! Very very very nice! She is s keeper!! Well done you just gotta be proud to own that masterpiece kit- I bet she sounds amazing also...love the wrap, the configuration, the whole thing!
I have a new goal.......owning one just like your mate!

Thanks man! They're excellent drums, for sure. That's a high-gloss lacquer, though. I've never seen such a perfect finish. I checked every drum and it was applied flawlessly.

I hope ya get one! They're relatively inexpensive, as far as high-end drums go.

Back