Need Jazz Transcriptions

what exactly is a "jazz groove" ?

and what is your reason for looking for them ?

well I've never said jazz groove before this lesson, I would like to have some hard bop rythms from Art Blakey , Max Roach etc. because I want to improve my comping , and first I have to see clearly what masters did I think. And since it's not really easy to hear every note by ear , I want to find some transcriptions of rythms. :)

well I've never said jazz groove before this lesson, I would like to have some hard bop rythms from Art Blakey , Max Roach etc. because I want to improve my comping , and first I have to see clearly what masters did I think. And since it's not really easy to hear every note by ear , I want to find some transcriptions of rythms. :)

I have plenty of transcriptions ... and there are endless books out there that can help you with all that

but if I could give my opinion as a jazz player... there is no substitute for heavy listening and transcribing yourself

even if your transcription is not 100% correct .... you will learn more by digging into the music than you would having it spoon fed to you

that being said .... when it boils down ... comping is about first being able to physically play in the notes in certain spaces ..... then in comes down to creativity and where and when you will use those notes ....

to start out I recommend transcribing this exercise and memorizing it .... doing so will untie most knots you will need to express yourself freely within any form

also pick out the players that speak to you and emulate what you hear

have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duufHWM-9hU

I have plenty of transcriptions ... and there are endless books out there that can help you with all that

but if I could give my opinion as a jazz player... there is no substitute for heavy listening and transcribing yourself

even if your transcription is not 100% correct .... you will learn more by digging into the music than you would having it spoon fed to you

that being said .... when it boils down ... comping is about first being able to physically play in the notes in certain spaces ..... then in comes down to creativity and where and when you will use those notes ....

to start out I recommend transcribing this exercise and memorizing it .... doing so will untie most knots you will need to express yourself freely within any form

also pick out the players that speak to you and emulate what you hear

have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duufHWM-9hU

Thanks for your help ! will start transcribing this

Back