Pro M discontinued

A

Abhishek

Contacted the official distributor of Mapex in my country, as I wanted to get another Pro M set, but they said that the Pro M had been discontinued, and the new Meridian series would come out to replace it. Is it true? I haven't heard of this news.

Apparently so, I was shocked to read your post as the Pro-M line are possibly Mapex's biggest sellers.

I also rang Mapex here in the U.K and they gave me the same information, and that all remaining stock is what will be left. They also said that they would cease sale at the end of this year (in the U.K at least!)

Im not too happy about this as I was planning on buying a Pro-M kit myself but I guess i'll have to re-think that one

Adam

Im not too happy about this as I was planning on buying a Pro-M kit myself but I guess i'll have to re-think that one

Why don't you get a great deal on the discontinued series? It doesnt make it any less of a drumset - if you like em.

Contacted the official distributor of Mapex in my country, as I wanted to get another Pro M set, but they said that the Pro M had been discontinued, and the new Meridian series would come out to replace it. Is it true? I haven't heard of this news.

Look like it is, but need to keep it confidential till NAMM ;-)

Thats unfortunate for Pro M owners like myself. If I ever want to expand my kit in the future, which I was hoping i'd be able to do, I don't want to have to get a tom of the new line with new badges and lugs. Oh well.

Thats unfortunate for Pro M owners like myself. If I ever want to expand my kit in the future, which I was hoping i'd be able to do, I don't want to have to get a tom of the new line with new badges and lugs. Oh well.

From what I heard on a Mapex oriented drum forum, You should still be able to custom order PRO M drums for the next year or two.

They just introduced new finishes and such, I wonder why they would be discontinuing the series. Of course, I already have one, so it doesn't really matter to me. My finish was discontinued a while ago as well. Pro-Ms used to be the best deal for drum kits as they were generally around $1000 and were maple with high end hardware. Of course now there are Yamaha tour customs, Gretsch Catalinas, the new Ludwig Centennials, that can compete.

Why don't you get a great deal on the discontinued series? It doesnt make it any less of a drumset - if you like em.

It would be a good time to get a great deal on these but i'm not gonna be buying them until April so i've still got time to decide although i'm pretty taken with the Pro-M's

And it is for this reason mainly that I dont want to get the Pro-M's just in case I want to expand or buy a tom that has broken or whatever.

I just cant understand why they would discontinue such a popular line, the point made about the fact they've not long bought out new finishes is also quite confusing. Why would they do that and then discontinue?

Back