Sonor Force 2001

slingerland755

Silver Member
Hey guys and gals,
I bought this kit (impulse buy) for $500.00. Any comments? The drums sound great and I like the dimensions (10",12", 14", 22"), but I know these are bottom of the line Sonors made in China.

I think buyers remorse is kicking in and I'm hoping y'all will make me feel like I got a heck of a deal.

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

• Sonor Kit 020.jpg
    Sonor Kit 020.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 19,835
if you like then and it sounds great, i dont see anything wrong with that buy,
in fact, i would consider it an awesome buy!

sonor make a great drum kit so no matter what im sure its got quality to it.

that finish is very nice aswell, looks like a lacquer?
are you using the 12" as a floor tom?

hope that helps your buyers remorse a bit!

A kit does not make the player, The player makes the kit.
I.e it doesn't matter how cheap you think your kit is, as long as you play it well and grow on it, it will have served you well.

A kit does not make the player, The player makes the kit.
I.e it doesn't matter how cheap you think your kit is, as long as you play it well and grow on it, it will have served you well.

I appreciate the comment and couldn't agree more. I've said the same thing to other drummers for years. My problem is that I already have 3 drumsets and don't really need another one. However, I couldn't pass it up for $500.00, but not really knowing anything about Sonor Force 2001, I was hoping someone would tell me I got a great bargain.

Think I'll go play em'!

if you like then and it sounds great, i dont see anything wrong with that buy,
in fact, i would consider it an awesome buy!

sonor make a great drum kit so no matter what im sure its got quality to it.

that finish is very nice aswell, looks like a lacquer?
are you using the 12" as a floor tom?

hope that helps your buyers remorse a bit!

Unfortunately yes. I might move the 12" up and play it as a "standard" setup.

Thanks for the comment.

Oh yeah! I have the same kit and I love it! Even though it's not a pro kit, it sounds great for gigs! How have you tuned them and what heads do you use? I put emperor coated on mine, but still use a bit of tape.
Congratulations!

Attachments

• IMG_0175 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0175 (Small).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 19,595
I am actually looking to put together a kit like this for practicing. I have a 2005 - 12" and I'd like to get a 14" like below.

I would say you got a fair price on this kit. The 2005 were clearing out in Nov and you could get demo for about $400.00. (The 14" was 99 bucks and I should have bought it then.) Now they are up again. Certainly for the price, they are are good deal.

Oh yeah! I have the same kit and I love it! Even though it's not a pro kit, it sounds great for gigs! How have you tuned them and what heads do you use? I put emperor coated on mine, but still use a bit of tape.
Congratulations!

That's great news. I just picked them up yesterday, so I'm gonna go play around with them tonight. They came with Remo pinstripes and sound very nice. I'm used to my old Slingerlands so I'm sure it's going to be a nice change.

Thanks

Nice kit. Sonors have always been a solid kit, and under rated by many. Think you got a pretty good deal there.

The Sonors came with 16" and 18" crashes, 22" ride and 14" hats...all Sabian B8's. I've played Sabians for years but I'm not familiar with the B8 series. They sound OK, but I think I'll go spend a few bucks and upgrade. What do you think I can get for the set? They are essentially new.

I like the force 2001's are great!!! i picked up my kit for $200 for the shell pack, which includes 12,13, 16 toms, 22 bass all in birch, and a stainless steel 14 1/2" snare.
It is a natural finish in a red that is simply amazing under stage lights

I upgraded the heads to evans g2 on top and ec res. on the bottom emads front an res on the bassdrum.

I play this kit live and in the studio an have been complimented numerous times on how great these drums sound, both un-mic'd and even more so mic'd!

i have always had lower grade kits but took a lot of time (and money on good heads) to find the right sound/tuning for each drum. i have always been told my tuning is great and fool people into thinking its a high end kit.

so i think no matter what kit you play just as rudiments and practice are important so is tuning maybe more so. nothing like playing crap chops on a crap kit to send people running.

Attachments

• 3mike@fat tuesdays.jpg
    3mike@fat tuesdays.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 14,933
Love the color. Looks semi-pro to me. And I'm a fan of using the kit snare whenever possible.

Got a set myself that I refinished a few years back. I have gigged with them several times.
SonorForce2001a.jpg

Back