Yamaha Drums

Man, im drooling at these kits been getting more into yamaha and their hardware (been checking out their direct link double pedal) and just got a tour custom 100% maple ill try to get some pictures up soon!

I've rarely posted here but after saving up for years and doing my research, I finally made the purchase of my dreams today. Then I get online and see that u are looking for a nearly identical 3-piece, so to help you out I just got:

Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute (standard lugs) - Brown Fade
22x 18
14x 14 FT
10x 8 TT

I got a great quote from Interstatemusic.com and asked GC to match it which they did, with no hesitation, and then some. I got these 3 pieces for just $1,790, so hopefully you can get yours in that ballpark.

They said it could be 2-4 weeks, otherwise 8-10 weeks. I said no problem. I've been waiting a few years to get a great kit, I can wait a few more weeks no problem.

On the other hand, I can't wait!!!! I'll post once they arrive.

-Alex

Oh man... $1,790? The cheapest quote I got was $1,999. And there shouldn't be a $200 difference for a drum that is 2 inches smaller. In my opinion anyways.

Called Gelb music and just based on the 20 minutes I talked to them I was very pleased with the costumer service!

In a few months once I get all the money saved up, I will be a proud owner of a Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute kit! :)

Cool! And remember to post pics when when you do get 'em!

Guys its nice to finally find a dedicated yamaha forum.
I am trying to find someone with ths same kit a me.

I am rocking a 30th Anniversary Maple custom blue sparkle burst. I will upload some pictures in a while. I am missing a few drums from my set up and want to see if anyone can help.
I have 20x18 kick, 14x6' snare and 8,10,12,14 toms. I am looking for a 22' kick and 16' tom.

I have seen some awesome kits on this forum, i'll give you some pics of mine very soon...

My first "real" drumkit was a Yamaha, namely a Power V Special kit in Piano Black. Very nice kit, good sound! I bought a Maple Custom Absolute in 2002, my first "pro" kit, very nice kit as well. I thought it had too little attack and volume though, as I play mostly metal, I started thinking I made a wrong decision going with that kit, and eventually sold them in 2005. After that, my only encounter with Yamaha was with a Musashi snare I got, but sold after a short while...

Anyway, I like them as a company, they produce nice stuff. The YESS-system works quite good and is very simplistic.

aren't there some maple custom 30th anniversary 22" bass drums for sale on ebay right now? At least there were last week.

Has anybody played on a tour custom? I have been playing for seven years and I now need a kit that will last me throughout high school (4 years at this point), and I will be taking it to various shows. Basically, it is either yamaha tour, ludwig centennial, or gretsch catilana maple. Any ideas/recommendations? Thanks.

I can't speak for ludwig or gretsch, but I can tell you that Yamaha makes great drum kits, you will not be dissapointed. I know someone with a tour custom and I can truly say that it produces a very nice sound for a midrange kit.
I own the yamaha beech customs myself and so far i am very pleased with all aspects of the kit especially the easy to attain "great sound".
FYI the tour customs, correct me if i'M wrong are not made in Japan. they are made in taiwan.

The Oak X are out, big time:

ca04_1.JPG

dd19_1.JPG

e15a_1.JPG

BD 22 x 20"

TT 10 x 6"

TT 12 x 7"

FT 16 x 15''

http://www.yamaha-drums.co.uk/products/oak_x.html

http://cgi.ebay.de/Yamaha-Oak-X-Dru...14&_trkparms=72:1229|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I received my bass drum plate from Mike ...... Very nice. If you removed your kick mount and want a 'clean-looking' bass drum this is the way to go. Thanks, Mike!

Attachments

• BassPlate1.JPG
    BassPlate1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 5,922
  • BassPlate2.JPG
    BassPlate2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 5,782
  • BassPlate4.JPG
    BassPlate4.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 5,945
I received my bass drum plate from Mike ...... Very nice. If you removed your kick mount and want a 'clean-looking' bass drum this is the way to go. Thanks, Mike!

Do you have contact info for those plates? I'd like to get one.

Thanks

The Hex rack parts are out for sale:

http://www.interstatemusic.com/weba...1&storeId=10051&productId=900246060&langId=-1

(list) prices:
HXAC Hexrack Accessory Arm Clamp 169,99
HXLR Hexrack L-Rod Arm 39,99
HXCC Hexrack Cross Clamp 119,99
HXDB Hexrack Double Bass Clamp 249,99
HXTC Hexrack Adjustable Angle Tom Clamp 49,99
HXBC Hexrack Adjustable Angle Ball Clamp 89,99
HXOC Hexrack Adjustable Angle Open Clamp 119,99
HXLC Hexrack Clip-On Logo Plate w/ Level 24,99
HXCP24 Hexrack 24" Curved Hex Tube 54,99
HXCP36 Hexrack 36" Curved Hex Tube 69,99
HXCP44 Hexrack 44" Curved Hex Tube 84,99