ddrum Reflex

Typo

Not the most spectacular kit around, but I know I always have fun looking at other members' setups. So here is my white-wrapped Reflex with Sabian AAX cymbals. Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1153.jpg
    IMG_1153.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 6,455
  • IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1151.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 4,538
  • IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 3,225
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 4,256
  • IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 3,335
i have never seen a kit with the usual chrome parts painted! Nice Kit!!! Post what it sounds like plz lol

I just pulled the trigger on the same shell pack. Very intrigued by youtube vids.
Looks great Cant wait to get mine.. first ddrum kit..

Having your Reflex set up for 3 or so months, I'm wondering how they are holding up for you? i admit I was a tad nervous about buying mine what with ddrums less than stellar track record. I have searched the inet and really havent run across much in the way of negative press on these kits or ddrum for that matter. The kit sounded killer on the few video demos I have seen. The red alder shells seem nice and dry sounding but with nice attack and punchy bottom end. The sound I was looking for.
Soo. what is your take? I noticed you slapped on Remo emps? I have a coated Emad 2 for the kick, but have no immediate plans to swap any of the tom batters. Once I can better adford to I prolly will as I dont see the stock heads holding up real long.
Thanks for any input!

Let's see...

From the driver's seat, everything sounds fantastic. My only complaint sound-wise is listening from a few feet in front of the kit, at which point the toms sound thin and sorta dead. I don't think it is the tuning (I know what I'm doing, very meticulous), it might be the room, but I have to wonder if it is the drums themselves...

The snare sounds awesome when tuned fairly high. The bass is fine.

I had a problem with the 12" tom being oversized to the point of an Aquarian head fitting very tightly, but Remo's don't have that problem. I'll be trying Evans soon. I never used the stock heads.

They AREN'T completely red alder. I don't know how much this really matters, but they have a few superthin plies of red, then a few much thicker plies of whitish wood (like, who knows what this even is? it could be glued sawdust for all we know). The bearing edges are good. The hardware is holding up (as if I expected anything less).

Hmm... not sure what else to add. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I also posted a review to Musician's Friend under the same username, so you can check that out if you haven't already.

Thanks for the response. A room's acoustics can have a positive or negative effect on how a kit will sound near field vs out front. I have experienced this phenomenon on more than one occasion where I had my drums tuned to perfection only to move them to a different location to find they needed to be re tuned to accommodate room acoustics. I realize that you are describing a slightly different scenario..but it does attribute to room acoustics and how they can factor into how a kit will sound. Anyway, I am glad to hear that you are liking the kit. The Aquarian heads are suspect with regard to fit issues ln wrapped finish drums. I had the same problem with Aquarians on a Gretsch Catalina club jazz with a wrap finish. I am having my Reflex she pack delivered early next week and I am anxious to dig in. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Nice. You need to either have a solid white tuxedo to play it, or a black and white checkered outfit to provide a contrast. Or solid black ;)

What I thought a cool after-thought-effect was with white kits is that they become whatever color you shine on them. I was operating a lighting board once and when I went to purple, the kit became purple, I go amber, and it becomes orange. Very neat.

My outfit is only part of the color scheme. I'll really be rockin' once I get some Pitch Blacks!

Worry not – since picking up the drumsticks, my taste in gear has quickly matured. Never have I purchased a cymbal of inferior quality.

Phew. I was ready to get the sectioning forms ordered.

Back