My new Pearl VBX Ruby Fade! Carter Beauford pt. 2

aparker2005

Hey guys! I got the kit in yesterday and set everything up today!

I came from a solid black Pearl SBX I got in 06. Not a drastic change in sound, and I have the same setup. I had just wanted a new color mainly to spice things up.

Let me just say, everyone is right when they say no pictures do this finish justice. It is a deep, yet bright red and the fade to black is perfect. This is the most beautiful kit I've ever had the privilege to own. I just couldn't get over the quality of the finish when I was unboxing them.

Now, the sound. It's incredible. I don't know if it's the new Coated Emperors, Superhoops, and Opti's, but these drums SING. They have a perfectly deep tone that I really want. It's not too different from my SBX, but something is different. These toms sing more. The kick has a clear PS3 and stock reso, and no internal muffling. It has a nice thud, but my church's acoustics aren't that great so I don't think I'm getting the full effect.

I couldn't get my 13" tom to fit right where I wanted it with an Optimount off my rack, so I sat it in my S-1000D snare stand. It's fairly high, but it works. I wish there was a lower snare stand for it so it would be even with my 16" tom.

I had been wanting a black and red kit long before Carter switched to his black/red/black PHX. I love the Arkansas Razorbacks and this is their colors in drums perfectly. It just so happened Carter went with a black and red kit as well. So, I'm pretty much still in perfect relation to his kit!

I didn't have to do any bending whatsoever with the 8" optimount. I just slid the rubber holders over and it fit. No metal or anything is touching the shell. I just need to order a set of 4" Superhoops now, but it sounds perfect with the 1.6 hoops.

Specs upon request. I just can barely even describe how amazing these drums are. To anyone that doubts the Visions, seriously give them some time. Pearl has made the best quality product in this price range I've ever seen. This is truly the happiest I've ever been with a set of drums. Thanks Pearl!

Here's all the shots I got!

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 11,207
  • p11.jpg
    p11.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 3,966
  • p10.jpg
    p10.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 2,754
  • p9.jpg
    p9.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 3,671
  • p8.jpg
    p8.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 2,921
  • p6.jpg
    p6.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 3,354
  • p5.jpg
    p5.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 4,138
  • p4.jpg
    p4.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 3,469
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 3,271
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 3,223
Wow, beautiful (and massive!) kit you've got there, man. Congratulations.
I saw a kit like that in person and like you said, pictures really don't make it justice. The shells and finish are absolutely top notch quality. I just can't see those beautiful drums with ISS mounts, so I thank you for changing them, lol.

Well, congrats and enjoy them. ;)

Cheers.

Great pics,congrats on being stoked!!!!Love all the extra goodies on your kit.

Parker, you have just acquired a wonderful collection of shells that will last you a very, very long time.

I doubt you'll ever buy another set that wasn't Pearl after this. The finish is beautiful(it's the same as mine, actually), you have so much to work with, it's just awesome.

Welcome to the Pearl family, dude.

Great kit and I like the way you set it up

Thanks again for all the comments! I will in fact only be buying Pearl Drums from now on after all they offer for the money.

This is my 4th Pearl kit. First was a 2003 Blue Mist Pearl Export Select that we still have at my church. Next was a 2004 Pearl ELX in Cobalt Fade. I then sold it and bought a 2006 Pearl Sessions SBX in solid black. Selling it piece by piece now on ebay and have this Pearl Visions.

Pearl just offers so much value for the money that I think it's very hard to beat. Lifetime guarantee on the shells, amazing shells to start with, top notch hardware, and this amazing finish on a mid level priced set of drums is just fantastic.

Carter's kit, My kit

Attachments

• 148142_1445294737836_1397160025_30998278_3144923_n.jpg
    148142_1445294737836_1397160025_30998278_3144923_n.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 10,149
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 2,393
Last edited:
Back