Prog Rock/Metal band Circuitry drum play through

I liked it! I think most of the questionable timing seems to come when you're transitioning between parts, and mostly in the feet. I'm curious about the actual sound of the video because it does sound quite processed and there's one cymbal hit at 3:26 that doesn't match up. Fine partwriting though.

I'm curious about the actual sound of the video because it does sound quite processed and there's one cymbal hit at 3:26 that doesn't match up. Fine partwriting though.

There's actually no processing except for a little eq and compression. Everything is just in the hands/feet. The cymbal hit at 3:26 is just a minor editing error lol.

Sounds good man, but one suggestion, which I use a lot when transitioning parts or to keep time - use your left foot to glue your timing. If you watch guys like Jay Postones from TesseracT, who is executing some pretty intricate parts all the time, you'll notice that his left foot is keeping 8th notes on the hi-hat when not using his double pedal, regardless of time signature or changes. Tomas Haake is another very good example - same thing although most their stuff is in 4/4.

Sometimes I'll use my left foot to play both hi-hat and pedal simultaneously where it fits - same thing, 8th notes

Back