New Gretsch Catalina Maple Kit

rritter

Pictured is my new Gretsch Catalina Maple 7 piece kit. I had actually ordered this as a 6 piece kit and the online store shipped the wrong kit and I received in addition to what I ordered a 14 inch floor tom. The store offered me the drum for $75 and I said $50 and they took the deal. My current show kit is my Sonor Force 3007’s so these drums have a lot to live up to. So far they seem to be up to the task. I would recommend both the New Cat Maples as well as the Sonors.

The kit pictured is with a basic cymbal setup. I normally play with 5 cymbals plus hihats along with a cowbell. The finish is Dark Cherry Burst

Kit info

8, 10, and 12 inch mounted toms
14 and 16 inch floor toms
22x18 bass drum
6x14 snare
Remo Vintage Coated Emperor heads on all toms
Powerstroke 3 bass head

IMGP1465%20(800x531).jpg

IMGP1477%20(800x531).jpg

62 and still playing three to four time a month. Loving It.

Like I said...you look comfortable behind that beautiful kit.
WOW - a new drum for $50 ! and a Gretsch at that.....well any drum for $50 is a good deal.

Good choice!

I almost talked Musicians Friend into substituting your maple setup for the birch 5 piece that I waited forever for (which never arrived...I cancelled the order), for the same price.

Nice kit.

Beautiful color.. Whats the difference between the new and old Cat's besides color choices?

The first generation Cat Maples features 6 ply shells and the new Cats feature 7 ply.

The first generation has 45 degree bearing edges and the new Cats have 30 degree edges.

First generation features 6 lug on 10 inch and larger toms, 4 lugs on the 8 inch.
The new cats feature the Gretsch traditional 5 lug on their 8, 10, and 12 inch toms. 6 lug on the 13 inch tom. Floor toms and bass drum have 8 lugs as does the snare drum.

The first generation has a generic tom mount platform. The new Cats feature a more traditional and more adjustable ball and socket tom mount platform.

The first generation has the full GTS (rims) system. The new Cats feature the mini GTS system.

The first generation kits use a hinged bracket for the floor tom and mounted tom connection. The new Cats feature a traditional Gretsch type receiver.

Back