Joe Douglas Here

JoeDouglas

Hello All - Let me introduce myself,

I’m Joe Douglas. I was born in Tampa Bay, Florida and raised nearby in Seminole, and began private drum instruction with Lou Vidala at the age of 7.* I participated in school bands and extra curricular rock and jazz bands during my youth, progressing to dinner theater and the local beach bars with various bands.*
While studying music at the Lamont School of Music, affiliated with the University of Denver, I realized the importance of meshing business with music and changed my major to economics and later graduated from the University of South Florida.
While in Florida, I gigged with Peter Treiber and the Niche, Matt Holcomb, Kenny Drew, Jr., Buddy Guy, The Allman Brothers and Sister Hazel.* In 1998, I became a session player, sound engineer and co-producer at Big Fat Studios in Tampa.
Currently I live in Northern California and I’m focusing on experimental electronic drum music, finishing some final touches on the home studio and gig off and on with a few local bands.
My influences include:* Gene Krupa, Louie Bellson, Buddy Rich, Joe Morello, Billy Cobham

I just posted the video for my solo intro for "Wet Concrete"

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109656

Cheers!

Joe Douglas
PunkDuck Producktions
www.thepunkduck.com/Beats

Acoustic - Gretsch/Zildjan/Various Snares
Electronic - Roland TD-6

Hi Joe, welcome.

Great background you have. I'm sure you have more than plenty to contribute.

Back