The track that took me 8 months to get my head around

Paiste402

So much to remember in this one since there is no writted music for the track. My iPod says atleast 250 listens, wish it was tighter on the day tho but it was in a live exam so its hard to ask for another go haha.

Still I would seriously appriciate it if u took a listen and tell me what u guys think about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWq9WrYw-Fc

I gave it a listen and "so much to remember", to me, is a severe understatement. Maybe it's because the drums are so high in the mix but I can't really 'anchor' some of those grooves with the rest of the music. The only saving grace I can see is some parts are heavily repeated but others seem sporadic and highly spontaneous, then again this is not the type of music I regularly listen to.

Was this you playing? If so, I say good job.

Wow. Tough thing to tackle. Great job there! Such a strange music, though. It took a bit for Jojo Mayer's Nerve to grow on me. I take it this stuff is what influenced Jojo? Pretty far-out.

So how did the exam go? Was this for some kind of audition?

That was wonderful!
I loved every min of it.
I could follow it but as I followed it I realized that it would be really hard to remember.
It must have driven you crazy!

I was hoping other people would be drumming to breakcore, so much fun. nice cover!

Back