What's your Favorite fill from a song!?

Re: Whats your Favorite fill from a song!?

Bttl said:
Come on John Bonham does not belong in this thread!!!!!!! Out the door you go!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO you suck he so belongs in this thread.

anyways fills suck!! they're what you call a drummer trying to hide his lack of groove. except for jb!

Bttl said:
Come on John Bonham does not belong in this thread!!!!!!! Out the door you go!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO you suck he so belongs in this thread.

I just think there are far better drummers out there capable of more techincal and better sounding fills.

I hate the way John Bonhams name is thrown around in 90% of the threads on this forum. He was good but come on MOVE ON!!

Bttl said:
I just think there are far better drummers out there capable of more techincal and better sounding fills.

I hate the way John Bonhams name is thrown around in 90% of the threads on this forum. He was good but come on MOVE ON!!
Can't believe you said that! *faints* I actually love eighth note snare fills! Listen to the one on Lido Shuffle =)

Great fill in Herbie Hancock's headhunters album in Chameleon played by Harvey Mason at about 3mins 20

Sorry, but here's another Bonham fill that I think BELONGS in this thread...

Stairway- off The Song Remains The Same, the fill Bonham plays when Plant sings "your head is humming and it wont go..."

I understand there may be better drummers in the world, and so did he. But to me, this is one tasty fill!

here's another favorite...

Nick Mason- "Comfortably Numb" (The child has grown, the dream is gone *fill*...simple, but I wouldn't change a note!)

I think this thread is probably more about taste and opinion rather than technical ability.

I also gotta say Weckl has some incredibly cool fills on the first tune off the Electric Band album, I think the song was called Rumble.

Stewart Copeland, at the intro to Bombs Away....not all that dificult but just so.........(shivers)......

Wow, noboodys mentioned this, one of my favorites of all time. That huge descending tom roll about 2:52 into fat bottom girls by Queen. just awesome!!!

AvengedDrummer said:
Wow, noboodys mentioned this, one of my favorites of all time. That huge descending tom roll about 2:52 into fat bottom girls by Queen. just awesome!!!
i love that one too! but also im surprised no one has mentioned this one, i literally have to close my eyes when im listening to this to take in every note: pink floyds Another Brick in the Wall ; the part with the like 30 second roto toms fill i love that

Also a different variety:
Angels and Airwaves The Adventure the fills leading into the chorus (one of the only reasons i listen to that)

The beginning of Slave Labor by Fear Factory with the snare and bass - open hats great

Iron Maiden Hallowed Be Thy Name - the part where the drums stop and then the long tom fills start only accompanied by guitar (i especially like nicko's version live)

Red Hot Chili Peppers Soul to Squeeze about 3:15 after the groove with the china

Bttl said:

well i think you're completly wrong.

his feel=untouched

technical? who gives a hoot! he sounds awesome

Pfffft sure i love some of dhis drumming. But the word Untouched is NOT a way to describe his drumming.

Last edited:

One fill i don't think i ever got down 100% was the drum entrance in Sober by Tool.............does anyone know how it is really played, or where i can find an accurate transcription?

Led Zeppelin: Stariway To Heaven

Anyone who's heard the song will understand...

Bttl said:
Pfffft sure i love some of dhis drumming. But the word Untouched is NOT a way to describe his drumming.

his feel aka groove

Bttl said:

No one has or ever will have the same groove that bonham did. And for that reason Untouched is the way to describe his drumming. Sure people can duplicate what he did but could they have made it up? Probably not. The thing is about Bonham, his drumming didnt revolve around a whole lotta chops. He was all about raw power, slamming the skins at atomic levels that produced a signature sound for him and then stringing in his famous grooves that had a feel like no one elses - especially in the older material with the bluesy feel. (for example the grooves in I Cant Quit You Baby, How Many More Times, Heartbreaker, Since Ive been loving you, ect...and the list goes on) So it is right by saying his drumming is and has been Untouched.

The fills in "Hocus Pocus" by Focus are really cool. They are like little solos. I don't know who their drummer was but he was really cool.

Fur drummer said:
The fills in "Hocus Pocus" by Focus are really cool. They are like little solos. I don't know who their drummer was but he was really cool.

I'm glad you mentioned them, I added an excellent video of them on the "Peirre Van Der Linden" thread, please check it out.

Ufipman! said:
I'm glad you mentioned them, I added an excellent video of them on the "Peirre Van Der Linden" thread, please check it out.
Thanks for letting me know about that video and who he was. The drum sound on their album "Moving Waves" was really cool. Those drum breaks where some of the coolest I have heard. There is also a nice drum solo on that album.

Last edited:

Peoples,

The 1 bar bridge in Ricki Lee Jones's 'Chuck E's in Love', Steve Gadd....never tire of it. Think he plays the underside of the HH during this....it's so sweet.

Back