Hahahahahahahaha :)

Well, when you hear how a good drummer plays it, you'll understand what he was trying to get, but ultimately it's a fail. (see "Afraid to Sound Bad" thread)

http://youtu.be/ga3DmPRPAQQ
This! He surely wanted to "copy" the original part.

As to most of you, it sounds hilarious and ridiculous to me as well, but I also think
the guy isn't that bad, and he is quite bold :)!

Well, when you hear how a good drummer plays it, you'll understand what he was trying to get, but ultimately it's a fail. (see "Afraid to Sound Bad" thread)

http://youtu.be/ga3DmPRPAQQ

This is what happens when folks focus on some fancy part and miss the point. All the notes are in there somewhere, but the music was lost. Pretty common disease in my experience. Playing right now with a bass player who tries to do what he heard on the record and can't. Instead of leaving some notes out and getting the essence of the part, we get the essence 'd peww.

This is what happens when folks focus on some fancy part and miss the point. All the notes are in there somewhere, but the music was lost. Pretty common disease in my experience. Playing right now with a bass player who tries to do what he heard on the record and can't. Instead of leaving some notes out and getting the essence of the part, we get the essence 'd peww.

True! Knowing your limitations well enough to maintain flow is a bit of an art in itself.

I'm guilty of this sometimes in the rehearsal, but never on stage. That kind of stuff needs to be hashed out before hitting the stage. It's just unprofessional.

That's called drumming in tongues.

...here's an example of what I mean in the Inappropriate because I'm not listening to anything but me department. A co-worker gave me a recording of himself singing and playing acoustic guitar to a well-known tune. For fun, I added a drum track and an electric guitar.
BoMangles

Am I the only one here laughing my ass off to BoMangles???

EPIC!!!

A co-worker gave me a recording of himself singing and playing acoustic guitar to a well-known tune. For fun, I added a drum track and an electric guitar. We got a good laugh out of it but apparently this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable in churches now. And they wonder why church attendance keeps dropping every year...

BoMangles

Reminds me of some old Zappa tunes

Zappa asked the question "Does humor belong in music?" My answer is yes, and BoMangles is one example of my attempts at such. There are parts that still make me howl.

I have been told that my sense of humor is a little...odd. It's good to see I'm not alone here!

10360446_10152436018703552_3352657806738344274_n.jpg

She obviously just found out that Brits drive on the left side of the road.

A co-worker gave me a recording of himself singing and playing acoustic guitar to a well-known tune. For fun, I added a drum track and an electric guitar.

BoMangles

Holy....this is amazing. Gives me that same dizzy feeling I get from listening to the Shaggs.

Every year my neighborhood has a block party with an open jam for all the musicians who live in the neighborhood. There's one guy, who plays guitar in this constant "shred style" that sounds like a FAX machine.

He has no idea of key or chords or anything, he just cops the worst shrill buzzy guitar tone I've ever heard, like a coffee can full of angry hornets, then WHEEDLYDEEDLYWEEEEEEE ad nauseum. He's oblivious. To many things. I once suggested he play "legato" and he had no idea what I was talking about.

This makes me want to record him and add some....accompaniment. Except I'd have to be in the same room with that paint-peeling guitar tone....

A co-worker gave me a recording of himself singing and playing acoustic guitar to a well-known tune. For fun, I added a drum track and an electric guitar. We got a good laugh out of it but apparently this sort of thing is perfectly acceptable in churches now. And they wonder why church attendance keeps dropping every year...

BoMangles
Jim, I missed this first time around, & it's a perfect addition to this thread :) Just wonderful!

She obviously just found out that Brits drive on the left side of the road.
Along with 30%+ of the rest of the planet!

Of course, the switch to mallets was going to make a huge difference on an Ekit!

Pretty sure it'd make a difference on high end Rolands, and actually it sounded like it made a difference in the video.

Anyway, he didn't do too bad imo, not sure if those stops were planned but the video skipped so who knows. Either way he was definitely nervous.

Back