Hahahahahahahaha :)

I can't bring myself to bag on these folks. I guess I have a soft spot for fellow musicians, no matter how far they still have to come.

Spoiling the party,
8Mile

I can't bring myself to bag on these folks. I guess I have a soft spot for fellow musicians, no matter how far they still have to come.

Spoiling the party,
8Mile

I think that the male singer has already got there. Seriously, I suspect that this guy is an entertainer and knows precisely what he's doing. I cannot fathom that someone who sings like that honestly believes that he's a wonderful singer. How could he not have heard recordings of himself? Only the severely hearing impaired could be that tone deaf. This is a musical version of Poe's Law. Like I said, the guy is a genius. My sides were literally hurting me I was laughing so hard.

He definitely knows not what he does. But I think this is just what happens when people listen only to Metal, and nothing else, though-- that's what they hear.

I have never met a metalhead who would ever even consider playing in a church group. I tend to think this is a gospel chops wannabe.

Either way, it demonstrates a complete lack of musicality.

I think that the male singer has already got there. Seriously, I suspect that this guy is an entertainer and knows precisely what he's doing. I cannot fathom that someone who sings like that honestly believes that he's a wonderful singer. How could he not have heard recordings of himself? Only the severely hearing impaired could be that tone deaf. This is a musical version of Poe's Law. Like I said, the guy is a genius. My sides were literally hurting me I was laughing so hard.

I am inclined to agree with you, I stated in my initial post that I couldn't tell if the drummer was a troll or not (Poe's law right there). This singer takes it way beyond where the drummer was to a land where the Emperor has beautiful new clothes.

It can't be real, can it?

If this is trolling by the drummer, that would be the best thing ever. I love good trolling and I fantasize about pulling off something like that.

Spoiling the party,
8Mile
Not spoiling the party at all Larry. I have a similar disposition, & have little room to comment when I examine my own playing, but there are limits & parameters. This guy is so far out in his musical choices that I see nothing wrong with stating so. Frankly, he needs to hear it & get real. That's a positive thing to do, not negative IMHO.

So this guy would fit Yolanda's Beat Loaf example of someone who doesn't listen?
Yes - a more appropriate example it would be difficult to find :)

It can't be real, can it?
I think it is real Jeff. Although extremely rare, I have witnessed examples nearly as bad over the years, but this guy's the master for sure. Apart from being grotesquely inappropriate, if his playing was otherwise good, there maybe a positive angle to it. The double bass parts thrown in initially had me suspecting this was a wind up they were so comically good/bad :)

Not spoiling the party at all Larry. I have a similar disposition, & have little room to comment when I examine my own playing, but there are limits & parameters. This guy is so far out in his musical choices that I see nothing wrong with stating so. Frankly, he needs to hear it & get real. That's a positive thing to do, not negative IMHO.
True enough!

On a related note, have you guys seen that clip of a band destroying Final Countdown, by Europe? I'm not sure if that was trolling, but I'm absolutely positive it was hilarious.

Originally Posted by .keep it simple
Yes, I've had the misfortune of seeing that clip Larry, & the even worse (if that's possible) this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj7pDNDuoJ0 Truly special musical occasions for sure ;)

Awwww, give them a break, they obviously didn't rehearse for this event. At least the singer knows the lyrics... oooops, with the help of the bass player. This does reinforce Andy's observation that 'Comfortably Numb' isn't an easy song to play on drums, damn you Nick mason... or whoever it was playing drums on that track.

It gets worse.

Wow, they actually get gigs

Here's the entire tune, if anyone's interested in how the rest of it worked out.

If you look at it another way, the vocals/keys player hung the drummer out to dry as he daringly embarked on a quest to make things more interesting ... esp note #4 below :)

monks-advice.jpg

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about that band playing "Comfortably Numb" and "Cocaine". After all, there's a big blue sign behind them that clearly says "MUSIC". What more explanation do you need?

Back