Jeff Sipe

jpf1138

Anyone ever hear of Jeff Sipe of the Jeff Sipe trio, or more recently the WMD's? I saw him at a show in Texas recently and he really blew my mind. I'm surprised he's not more of a renowned drummer. He's got such a wide range of sounds and styles he can play on a kit and he is just astoundingly fluid and smooth. Check him out on You Tube or something. I would post a link, but I don't really know how so enlighten me please.

Sipe is sick! He has been one of my favourite drummers for over 10 years. A really good friend of mine took some lessons with him and told me it was sick.

Jeff is an incredible drummer and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Here's a pic of Jeff and I from a few months ago.

Attachments

• 100_03900001.JPG
    100_03900001.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 424
Old thread, but if any of you are going to catch the Jerry Garcia Symphonic Celebration, Jeff is the drummer. My cousin told me when I asked who their drummer was, so I did a search and found this thread. Going to the performance in Raleigh NC tomorrow night.

Absolutely! Bummer there's no Jeff Sipe page on drummerworld...Saw him 2010 at abstract logix in Raleigh. Traveled 10 hours but it was sooo worth it... Definitely in my top 3!

Check out Personae by Hellborg / Lane / Sipe. It is simply amazing. Peace and goodwill.

Exceptional drummer. They did a nice show Thursday night. Warren was playing the Wolf, which I guess is a big deal. Seems like he can make any guitar sound good.
Muckster is right. Jeff is a nice guy. Signed my son's cast and a flyer for us.

They are playing Tanglewood tonight with the Boston Pops if any of you are near there and are Grateful Dead fans.

Re: Jeff Sipe cookin'

Rock on Jeff! Dig that walnut snare!

+1 Jeff is truly an amazing player.

Apt. Q258 has been one of my faves since the early 90's. Got me some old ARU bootlegs around here somewhere.....

Jeff is the man! I got to meet and hang a little with Jeff after a Jeff Coffin gig he was playing.

Super nice guy!

Back