Sonor and Paiste Sigs

hateplow

Silver Member
Completed my switch from Dimensions to Signature Paistes (almost).
DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

schwwwiiiing!! I guess I found out ebony looks amazing. Killer cymbals, pedals, and stands even. They must fill that room with a nice sound.

Actually I've never seen the inside of a snare drum look that wicked. It has such a nice grain, looks better than most outer plies.

So you decided you'd remortgage the house AND sell the kids? Very nice stuff, are you in fact a rockstar?

In my own mind, I am in fact a rockstar. Twirling sticks, slamming beers, the works.

In my own mind, I am in fact a rockstar. Twirling sticks, slamming beers, the works.

Everyone is a rockstar in their minds let's face it. A lot of things happen in my mind. A lot of things that i know will never come true but i think them anyway just incase if i wish hard enough it just might happen (even though it won't.) It's what helps me get to sleep at night (i really should be in bed now, that's why i sound so crazy.)

T-t-t-tasty, tasty, as Fergie would say.

The vertical grain finish is killer, hope you enjoy the Signatures.

That's just "dead sexy!"

I am still waiting for some sigs myself. As much as I like other lines of paiste, nothing on earth has the musically silvery shimmer of paiste signature cymbals.

Ebony sonor deserve the best. <--- oooh, I used the same word I tell others not to!

Really though, it looks great!

This is one of my favorite kits on the forums...very tasty. I love that (bronze?) monster, too. Let me know if it gets in your way and you need somewhere to store it for a while.

Yeah man, if I'm not mistaken I'd say that's a Danny Carey sig model?

thats a sharp looking set up there, congrats!

must be good to finish the 'transformation', how do those Sig's sound? like many high end Paiste's, they're never in a drum shop to play around with :-(

Yeah man, if I'm not mistaken I'd say that's a Danny Carey sig model?

Nope, it's a HLD 598 cast bronze from the early 90's.
Same dimensions as the DC snare, but that's about where the similarities end.

That's just "dead sexy!"

I am still waiting for some sigs myself. As much as I like other lines of paiste, nothing on earth has the musically silvery shimmer of paiste signature cymbals.

Ebony sonor deserve the best. <--- oooh, I used the same word I tell others not to!

Really though, it looks great!

Thanks. I agree about the signature line being very "musical" or orchestral sounding. Nothing quite like them! (Although 2002s are a very close second...)

Great kit! Funnily enough its more or less the same layout I'm hoping for with my Mapex Saturns that i've ordered.

If its possible is there any chance you could take a few pictures of the front of the kit, with some close up shots of how you have the two rack toms mounted with the cymbals?

I'd really appreciate it if you could.

But yeah...really nice kit, its look very comfortable :)

Adam

Looks like the cymbal boom is clamped to the other crash's stand. The toms are set up on the base of the second stand. Its difficult to tell for sure though. Very nice drums.

No? Okay then

Would be good to see those shots though :)

Adam

It's pretty simple. I have a double tom stand with a straight cymbal stand just next to it. On that straight cymbal stand is a Tama multi-clamp with a tama boom arm (you can buy them together) with a splash cymbal on it.

The ride cymbal is an old boom stand set just above the bass drum.

Back