time for a update!

elliotdrummer7227

well, hi! i'm elliot aka moose and i'm 11!
i play a premier cabria xpk and wold like to update you with some new setup pictures!
if you wan't to look at the old pics go here :

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45696

i know, not alot has changed but i only use a 4 piece setup now!
also... i am selling my saxophone sinse i don't play it anymore along with my electric guitar! i should get bout £150 for the saxophone(alto) and about £50 for the guitar!
with this money i am prob gonna get a apx or aax crash and some more sticks!

anyway here are the long awaited pics:
IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

Orite moose the kit looks good. AAX are good cymbals, in fact moose uses AAX cymbals! Make sure you play them properly though, nothing feels anywhere near as bad as spending £150 on a cymbal only for it to die in 6 months.

Andertons.com is very good for cymbal prices. Dunno about service because i haven't used them but they seem pretty good.

I'm normally a huge fan of red wood colours, mahogany, and red sparkles...
but your "BLUE Premier's" Look Beautiful..

Good Luck!

Nice shade of blue, and relegated to the garage like so many others.

Nice kit. Your ride looks like it's in the middle of no ware though.

Orite moose the kit looks good. AAX are good cymbals, in fact moose uses AAX cymbals! Make sure you play them properly though, nothing feels anywhere near as bad as spending £150 on a cymbal only for it to die in 6 months.

Andertons.com is very good for cymbal prices. Dunno about service because i haven't used them but they seem pretty good.

Not sure if you are talking about the same Moose but the Moose who plays for Bullet For My Valentine uses Zildjian cymbals :)

Andertons is very very good store indeed, also www.drumshop.co.uk has some pretty good prices on sabian cymbals especially. An 18" crash from there will give you change from £150 which is very good. Elliot, make sure you try and get down to a music shop to play the cymbals first though. Nevertheless, AAX cymbals are great quality and a joy to play.

On the whole a very nice kit though mate, wish I would have had a kit that nice at your age! I really dig that finish but I'm quite a sucker for blue drums! As mentioned you may want to adjust your ride as its pretty far away. A lot of drummers I see that use the 4 piece config, tend to have the ride mounted flat above their bass drums. Check out some pics of someone like Travis Barkers kit for ideas.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/sloth131/postimages45CMichaelMooseThomas257.jpg

What's that? Check out the "hand of blood" video, too. He definetly used to use these cymbals but yeah i think he does use z's now.

Thought you were talking about what he was currently using :p I know he used to use Sabian cymbals. Sometimes with music videos its a bit 'wtf' as they sometimes use what they can get their hands on. I have occassionly seen Sabian B8's and stuff being used by pro drummers in music videos lol...nothing wrong with B8's but you would expect them to have something a bit more flashy :)

[
Thought you were talking about what he was currently using :p I know he used to use Sabian cymbals. Sometimes with music videos its a bit 'wtf' as they sometimes use what they can get their hands on. I have occassionly seen Sabian B8's and stuff being used by pro drummers in music videos lol...nothing wrong with B8's but you would expect them to have something a bit more flashy :)

You've got to lol really. I guess it's just what's shiniest. In fact if you look at a lot of metal videos it's funny how it's a really dark dank leaky basement or warehouse or something with a bunch of sweaty people with greasy hair and then you just have these really shiny bright cymbals.

You've got to lol really. I guess it's just what's shiniest. In fact if you look at a lot of metal videos it's funny how it's a really dark dank leaky basement or warehouse or something with a bunch of sweaty people with greasy hair and then you just have these really shiny bright cymbals.

Hahahaha thats why I'm a non-conformist! I only have 2 shiny cymbals and thats only because they are new. I really want them to build up a layer of crap on them quickly so they sound a bit more unique!

lol

have you actually tried it???

MOOSE

Funnily enough it is actually a method used by some to mellow down the sound of their cymbals, make them sound more "earthy" (NPI). Usually a cymbal would take years of ageing to get to a similar stage so it's good really if you like that sort of thing. It's usually done by jazzy drummers as opposed to metal which as i said is usually to do with shiny as hell cymbals so that's quite interesting, check out this ready aged cymbal by zildjian anyway:

zoomImage_1331.JPG

lol

have you actually tried it???

MOOSE

Yeah I have - with an old stagg crash - made it trashier if that makes sense. that said, i still have a ride buried under the ground since last year - and i'm digging it up in october? dont know but i'll post something when i do dig it up! hopefully it will sound like a K custom special dry ride eh?!

Yeah I have - with an old stagg crash - made it trashier if that makes sense. that said, i still have a ride buried under the ground since last year - and i'm digging it up in october? dont know but i'll post something when i do dig it up! hopefully it will sound like a K custom special dry ride eh?!

cool!
ye! definatley post a thread with pictures and maybe a vid to show us what has changed.

yeah hopefully it will sound like a K custom ride then i will be do it with my ride! lol

MOOSE

Back