10x7
10x6
10x4

Cymbals-

Paiste 16" PST 5 thin crash
Zildjian 18" A' med. crash
Zildjian 20" A ride
Sabian 10" B8 china-splash
Sabian 10" signature splash (signed by Carmine Appice)
Sabian 6" B8 splash
Yamaha 14" Hi-Hats (need replacing)

Recording stuff-

Ampeg B2 combo
Home made 2 10" extention cab
Yamaha DGX-500 Portable Grand
Home Made guitar cab
Korg Tone Works effects box
CAD drum mics (Touring pack with a Premium kick mic)
2xAKG D8000 s Dynamic mics
Superscope EC-9 condenser
Home made pop filter

So, please tell me what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_0069 (1).JPG
    IMG_0069 (1).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 806
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 819
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 830
nice man cave you got there. hope you're not a chick =P

Very nice. You seem to be very intuitive at making things. I had a go with making a bass cab. Really i should have made it more rigid but there you go, makes a good support for my computer desk. Like the pop filter, too.

I've only just noticed something bone-chillingly terrible! You've taken the bottom string off that acoustic bass! As a five-string player i demand you put that tuner right back on now! I hear acoustic basses have a problem actually producing a low b just because it's such a low note. Maybe you could think about stringing it with a high B or C instead?

I've only just noticed something bone-chillingly terrible! You've taken the bottom string off that acoustic bass! As a five-string player i demand you put that tuner right back on now! I hear acoustic basses have a problem actually producing a low b just because it's such a low note. Maybe you could think about stringing it with a high B or C instead?

No worries, I totally agree, but the tuner stripped, and my dad (owner of bass) doesn't feel like paying for a replacement.

Do I spy an old set of magnepan's and a pair of DIY sub towers??

Yep, MG II b's.

The subs are 5 12"s per side, powered by a Carvin DCM1500 with upgraded capacitance.

Man, there was no where near this concentration of savvy on YouTube! :D

Nah, youtube is a nuthouse. They would have said "What a messy basement!" or find something to shoot flames about.

Meanwhile, I'd ask: what kind/model of 12" drivers?

Nah, youtube is a nuthouse. They would have said "What a messy basement!" or find something to shoot flames about.

Meanwhile, I'd ask: what kind/model of 12" drivers?

Well, they were an unbranded buyout from parts express, but I think either Cambridge Sound Works or Boston Acoustics. Whats important though, is that they have good specs, and they are true subs, not woofers or loose woofers (the likes of which plague today's mass market sound systems).

Well, they were an unbranded buyout from parts express, but I think either Cambridge Sound Works or Boston Acoustics. Whats important though, is that they have good specs, and they are true subs, not woofers or loose woofers (the likes of which plague today's mass market sound systems).

Yepper. I have built a couple subs using the dayton titanic III drivers. And it's a 100% true when they say if you buy a commercial sub under a grand, expect a $30.00 driver (tops) and usually they serve as sloppy woofers, not subwoofers. They have energy from 60-120hz, but almost zip below 40hz.

I have done pink noise (and white noise) sweeps and I do get an honest, usable 18hz from the 15" titanic. My 12" sub is in my master bedroom and it still dips into the mid 20's in a bigger room without making a mess.

Yepper. I have built a couple subs using the dayton titanic III drivers. And it's a 100% true when they say if you buy a commercial sub under a grand, expect a $30.00 driver (tops) and usually they serve as sloppy woofers, not subwoofers. They have energy from 60-120hz, but almost zip below 40hz.

I have done pink noise (and white noise) sweeps and I do get an honest, usable 18hz from the 15" titanic. My 12" sub is in my master bedroom and it still dips into the mid 20's in a bigger room without making a mess.

Oh yeah. I have an MK III in the normal sealed cube with a pair of HPM 40's my my room. That is one insane loudspeaker. I also love those Pioneers, they're so clean and balanced.

Oh yeah. I have an MK III in the normal sealed cube with a pair of HPM 40's my my room. That is one insane loudspeaker. I also love those Pioneers, they're so clean and balanced.

>eyes watering< I remember the HPM's. You have quite a collection of classic speakers and drums there!

Sealed bass is the only way I fly. I am considering a set of dynaudio active monitors ($850/pr) for my recording setup and using my 12" dayton sub with them.

>eyes watering< I remember the HPM's. You have quite a collection of classic speakers and drums there!

Sealed bass is the only way I fly. I am considering a set of dynaudio active monitors ($850/pr) for my recording setup and using my 12" dayton sub with them.

Thanks, dude.

Sounds great.

I think I'm actually going to monitor with the 40's myself.
Just gotta get a good pair of stands.

mmmmmm i love home studios! are you recording into your computer? if so, what programs you running?

Yup, but just audacity until i upgrade.

Producer_SM.gif

you know you want to ;)

I found with audacity i had terrible latency issues. Everything just sounded out of time with one another and i'd have to physically manipulate the tracks so they'd sound relatively in time.

Back