My Snare collection

ozz

Hi.

Like the forum states....... show off your gear. First off, it's just me and the wife, no kids and a good job have allowed me to build up this collection of snare drums............

Animal Custom Drums Artemis 14x8 Maple
IMG_4232.jpg

Rockett Drum Works 14x7 Acrylic Atomic Bomb
IMG_4225.jpg

Chad Smith Signature Snare
IMG_4218.jpg

Yamaha Steel Power "Popcorn" 10x5 snare
IMG_4215.jpg

Tama Ltd Ed Warlord Valkyrie 13x6 Maple
IMG_4211.jpg

Pearl Steel 14x5 Snare
IMG_4204.jpg

Ludwig 14x6 Snare (not sure on wood type but sure it's maple)
IMG_4201.jpg

Ludwig 14x6 Snare (same snare with new wrap)
IMG_5127.jpg

Highwood Paul Brooke Signature Snare 14x5
IMG_4207.jpg

Mapex Black Panther Aztec Snare 14x6 (Weighs a tonne!)
IMG_4260.jpg

DW Neail Peart R30 Edge Snare (Say no more!!)
IMG_5068.jpg

Mapex Black Panther Maple with gold hardware 14x5.5
IMG_5113.jpg

Mapex Black Panther Maple with gold hardware 10x5.5
IMG_5107.jpg

Hey Ozz welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing a very nice looking collection of snares...that had me drooling for a few moments. Thanks again, JIM

Hey Ozz welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing a very nice looking collection of snares...that had me drooling for a few moments. Thanks again, JIM

Thanks for the welcome Jim, I'm very proud of my collection, all of them are kind of off the beaten track so to speak.

Are you currently accepting marriage proposals?

Thanks but it's against the law to have two wives ;D

Nice collection! Do you play all of them on a regular basis?

Now, I've got to pick my jaw up from the floor...

So far all of them have been played at gigs regularly except for the Neil Peart, Aztec and Highwood snare (at rehearsals only so far.)

The Animal Artemis is my favourite, I'm in two bands and one is a rock covers band and that's where the Artemis comes into it's own, although the Warlord and Atomic sound groovy, the Chad Smith is my back up. The other band is less rocky so I use the twin panthers, the 10" is a really good song for Reggae.

I forgot to add this snare too..................

Pearl Piccolo steel 13x3
IMG_4209.jpg

Very good. I upgraded my collection too, lately. Now, instead of one, I have TWO snare drums. Yeah!

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

The Aztec, Warlord and Atomic are my favorites because of the great looks :). Great collection. It's threads like this that make me think very hard about wanting children or not...

The Aztec, Warlord and Atomic are my favorites because of the great looks :). Great collection. It's threads like this that make me think very hard about wanting children or not...

Each snare holds it's own story............

The Warlord was sitting in my local drum shop and as it's the 13" and not the 14", they are on a limited Edition of only 200 in the world. I was surprised no one had bought it, so I maxed my credit card on this brief occasion.

The Atomic was bought directly from Rikki Rockett of Poison, he has his own drum company and he's a friend of a friend. I bought it just at the right time before the pound nose-dived against the dollar.

My wife got me the Aztec for my last birthday and it has a fiberskyn head on it, and I know with my heavy handed style that two things would happen if I played it at a gig, Peoples ears would bleed and I'd go through the head. I will try it out at band rehearsal tomorrow or Saturday.

When we met, my wife told me she cant have anymore kids (got two from a previous life) so I do have two grown up step kids, but they live with their biological dad.

Very good. I upgraded my collection too, lately. Now, instead of one, I have TWO snare drums. Yeah!

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

Well I had the Ludwig first, then the Pearl Piccolo and then the Pearl steel for ages, then I went and bought the Highwood and it all snowballed over the last year.

By the way, is that Aztec a 12 lug?

Thanks, it's ten lugs and weighs almost as much as the DW Neil Peart

Last edited:
Some nice little gems among your collection.

I particularly dig Brookie Sig. snare + it's a limited edition.

Yeah, Paul is sadly missed, I only met him the once but in that one occasion you could tell he was more blessed with drum talent than most of today's top drummers. We were at a drum clinic and he was writing the actual clinic out in drum notation as it was going on.

It's a treasured snare and one I never want to part with.

Yeah, Paul is sadly missed, I only met him the once but in that one occasion you could tell he was more blessed with drum talent than most of today's top drummers. We were at a drum clinic and he was writing the actual clinic out in drum notation as it was going on.

It's a treasured snare and one I never want to part with.

Paul did so much for the drumming community. All these free lessons and dedication to transmit his knowledge to his peer. I always think of him when I take the brushes because he had a video lesson of basic sweeping motion for 4/4 bar which helped me a lot to understand the method.

BEAUTIFUL man your a lucky guy lol

Ive got the Yamaha Steel Power "Popcorn" 10x5 snare And i love it i use it as much second snare but my all time fantasy snare was that Tama Ltd Ed Warlord Valkyrie Maple snare ummmm lovely .....

BEAUTIFUL man your a lucky guy lol

Ive got the Yamaha Steel Power "Popcorn" 10x5 snare And i love it i use it as much second snare but my all time fantasy snare was that Tama Ltd Ed Warlord Valkyrie Maple snare ummmm lovely .....

It's a cracking snare, the Tama sounds spendid, I hate gigging with it because of the rarity of it.

nice highwood man, im looking to be getting a kit built for me in he near future theyre great quality drums. how does it sound?

I have to say it sounds lovely, really bright and dazzling. Highwood are good drum makers, no doubt about it. I'm lucky that I know Gareth and also his neighbour Carl at Animal Custom Drums (got a snare of each) The Animal is my favourite overall, it sounds so phat and groovy.

Back