Finally! Truth and DW kits...

grahamo87

I finally got some decent pictures of my kit...I know you guys don't like custom drum companies but I've had this truth for about 4 years just as the big custom drum boom came about and its a great quality kit (and i didn't pay full price).

We had a gig at a pretty big church on friday and we had to set up our gear in their kids room which was pretty funny. I wish i would have gotten a picture of the PlaySkool kids drum i had mounted as my rack for a bit but oh well.

Forgive my dirty cymbals, they're normally much cleaner. This is the dirtiest they've ever been :(

I also got some pictures of my friend's DW. Not quite sure on his specs but I'll list what I remember:

My kit:
22x24 kick
10x8 rack
14x14 floor
16x14 floor
14x6.5 Pearl Reference snare (nearly 30 lbs of brass. I don't think a show goes by where someone doesn't pick it up and say something along the lines of 'HOLY CRAP' or 'Thats the heaviest snare i've ever seen')
All hardware is DW9000 series, minus the hi-hat stand
14" A Custom Mastersound hats
19" K Custom Hybrid Crash
21" A Sweet Ride (used as crash)
24" K Light Ride
Roland SPD-S

DW Kit:
22x18 kick
12x8 Rack
14x12 floor
all DW9000 hardware, minus the hi-hat stand
Some paiste crash,
some K crash
K dark ride
A Quick beat hats...

Enjoy and comment!

photo9.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Man those kits look amazing! Especially that Truth kit!..the wood with black hardware is catchy! I love the long bass drums too. Have fun with those!

no freaking way!

your Emerald Honor's drummer?!?!

i found them on myspace like a year ago, and i love you guys so much!!! haha...seriously!!

and i knew i have seen that Truth kit before! cuase i was looking at your pics, and i saw it where you guys are practicing!

Circles in the Sand is my favorite!!!

its one of the songs on my home page!!

Alex

The Truth reminds me of a Vanilla cake...

no freaking way!

your Emerald Honor's drummer?!?!

i found them on myspace like a year ago, and i love you guys so much!!! haha...seriously!!

and i knew i have seen that Truth kit before! cuase i was looking at your pics, and i saw it where you guys are practicing!

Circles in the Sand is my favorite!!!

its one of the songs on my home page!!

Alex

haha...wow thats random. I didn't know anybody on here heard of us. Yeah I'm the drummer lol. Thanks a lot man, i'm excited you like our music!

Thanks for all the compliments so far guys!

Both kits are stunning...love the Truth kit and the color of the DW is great. Has anyone got a picture of a DW kit that is NOT good looking? Congrats on both.

Jack

Both kits are stunning...love the Truth kit and the color of the DW is great. Has anyone got a picture of a DW kit that is NOT good looking? Congrats on both.

Jack

i agree.... quite beautiful

I finally got some decent pictures of my kit...I know you guys don't like custom drum companies but I've had this truth for about 4 years just as the big custom drum boom came about and its a great quality kit (and i didn't pay full price).

I agree, custom drums suck!

Other than that, very nice sets. I notice how you economize your stands, piling several toms and cymbals on the stands, so you avoid the "forest of stands" look and show off those beautiful shells.

I agree, custom drums suck!

Other than that, very nice sets. I notice how you economize your stands, piling several toms and cymbals on the stands, so you avoid the "forest of stands" look and show off those beautiful shells.

thanks man!

the forests of stands don't go so well when you have 15 minutes to set up, hook up a sampler and sound check an entire band so i'm a big fan on minimal stands

(edit: AND wait for the band before you to tear down....sometimes that takes 15 minutes alone!)

Last edited:
haha...wow thats random. I didn't know anybody on here heard of us. Yeah I'm the drummer lol. Thanks a lot man, i'm excited you like our music!

Thanks for all the compliments so far guys!

I checked out some of your bands videos on youtube. I like it man. You guys sound great.

A 22x24 kick. Now THAT is a cannon, bar none. Love the light natural wood finish with the black lugs. Tasteful. And I've always been a big fan of the 1 up, 2 down. And I see you run your SPD-S left of your hi-hat, same place as I do. For what that machine can do, it's a potent little package.

Natural maple and black hardware is one of my favorites too.
I have a set in that combination also.Nice drums.

That truth kit just makes me want to play. Nice selections in everything. Do I see correctly that the DW snare is an edge? and looks like someone stole on of your reference's lugs. You should really replace that with it being such a beastly drum.

The DW kit is cute. What's the snare?

It is an edge. Sounded really really good.

That truth kit just makes me want to play. Nice selections in everything. Do I see correctly that the DW snare is an edge? and looks like someone stole on of your reference's lugs. You should really replace that with it being such a beastly drum.

Yeah, that lug BROKE. Snapped directly in half and just haven't replaced it yet. I don't feel like spending $22 for a new one so I'm trying to get a free one out of pearl. Otherwise, it has die cast hoops so they're pretty sturdy and seem to be doing the trick.

Thanks for all the compliments guys....really appreciate it.

Back