Hey im new and this is my kit

Cymbalmajimbal

what up guys my name is Julian and ive been playing for about three years now. i always knew that i could play but realized that i had to after burning one down and hearing dazed and confused for the first time. i know i have a whole lot to learn and i look forward to hearing all your advice.

anyways heres my set up:

picture.php

picture.php

heres a pic from my last show:

picture.php

thanks for looking!

wow, thats a gorgeous finish! looks like your rack tom could use a head replacement (lol) but (again) love that finish!

Specs please?

-Jonathan

looks cool, i can relate. I had been playing for about 4 years when i took some x and watched the live version of moby dick(71 Royal Albert Hall), and i haven't look back since!

thanks guys! haha ya i think all my heads are about due for a change. to bad i need money...hehe.

its a pearl export elx, 22" bass, 10",12",14" toms, 14" snare. the high hats, 14" crash and 20" ride are sabian b8s and i have a 17" AAX that i got when i cracked my 16" b8 and i feel in love with my kit that much more. im looking to replace all my b8s eventually. oh ya and a 14" meinl china and i cant forget the cowbel.

i absolutely love the finish as well and im looking for another bass drum but too bad pearl decided to discontinue my damn kit!

hey theindian john bonham is my hero man.

welcome to the forum! the green's a real nice finish and the 10" tom way out right - interesting fills i bet :)

hey thanks. i recently rearranged my setup and took out that 10" but when i saw it just sitting across from me while i was playing i decided that i had to at least put it somewhere... but ya man i thought up some pretty cool new fills with it there and i feel like i am improving creatively already.

geez, that's an export??? i thought it was a masters, the finish is gorgeous. Sure beats my old export from '89 with a smokey chrome finish, that kit was a POS, yours looks awesome.

Welcome! Nice kit! The "Vision" series is the replacement for Export, correct? I watched Todd Sucherman lay it down at a local PASIC event a few weeks ago and he was playing a big Vision kit...I was very impressed with how great it sounded.

hey zambizzi i guess if youre a good drummer you can make any kit sound good!

ya elliot im thinking up some crazy new fills with the rack tom way out there. my whole set up is different than i was used to but i love it this way. it just feels so good. and i also like the look of beaten up heads...haha

Those are some intense stick marks on the hats and ride! Dang!

thanks for noticing! ;)

haha i think i'll be teaching my mate that song after he's just bought the muddiest sounding model of bass known to man! That kit is lovely. The cymbals look nicely well-used as well ;)

Back