Finally: new cymbals!

frank0072

Gold Member
I have made an awsome deal last friday. I finally had the money to buy good cymbals and replace my Pearl 16" crash, 20" ride and my Paiste 302 14" hats. Talking about upgrade :).

I purchased:
14" Zildjian New Beat hihats (€150)
16" Turkish Cymbals Rock Beat crash (€100)
20" Sabian Hand Hammered Medium ride (€179)

With €79 refund for my old cymbals, that means I got these great cymbals for only €350 :).

And I was wondering if someone could tell me how old the hats and ride are?

Enjoy:

Attachments

• cymbals 001 (Large).jpg
    cymbals 001 (Large).jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 388
  • cymbals 003 (Large).jpg
    cymbals 003 (Large).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 388
  • cymbals 005 (Large).jpg
    cymbals 005 (Large).jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 385
  • cymbals 006 (Large).jpg
    cymbals 006 (Large).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 388
  • cymbals 008 (Large).jpg
    cymbals 008 (Large).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 390
new beats!!! SWEEEET!!!! I'd love to own a pair myself. Sorry but I don't know how old any of the cymbals are.

Judging by the logo on the Sabian, I'd say it's an early 2000s or 90s cymbal. Possibily even 80s, but I'd expect more logo wear if that was the case.

The New Beats are hard to tell. The logos/font haven't really changed over time, but jugding by the amount of wear on them I'd say late 80s early 90s as a reasonable guess.

If you could find the serial number on the hats it would be helpful. There are some people on DW who can figure out the year of manufacture by the number (usually has the year in the number)

Awesome find man, great job. I have several zildjians from the 80's 1987-1989 to be exact and my logo's are all fully in tact so is hard to judge that way.

But I'd guess they were around Mid 80's The thing about the good zil's and sabians is that they only sound better with age.

congrats

Thanks for the comments people. I am getting used to the cymbals at the moment; after playing crap for so long my ears have to get used to the smooth sound of greatness I think :).

Congrats! I can relate to playing with crap, but now I play Sabian AA's and AAX's, and my ears are satisfied :)

Back